16-year-old girl who took nude selfie photos faces adult sex charges

This is becoming common. I imagine the next step will be charging a child with child molestation for masturbating. This is what happens when you let puritans run the legal system.

9 Likes

And here’s another case from today.

We need to take a serious look at a huge range of laws like this, and try to get them back in line with rationality and the basic principles of a free society…

But of course we won’t, not with a media poised to yell “Think of the children!” at any relaxation of prudery disguised as protection.

5 Likes

How dare they! The penalty should have been death.

6 Likes

Is it legal for her to look at herself naked in the mirror?

13 Likes

That’s not what I heard.

16 Likes

You can use a businesscard or other piece of white paper to deflect the flash to the ceiling and have a nice diffused lighting.

1 Like

[quote=“Mister44, post:11, topic:65068”]We thought that was a risk, but I worked at Walmart (not at the time) and knew how the photo people worked. At that time it was pretty much all automatic. You put the film in and it spit out the pics. Unless the pic was the first one facing the pile, they probably would never see it. They had other things to do than sit there and watch each photo come out.
[/quote]

Maybe that was true at your store. But I had a friend who worked at a photo developing place in the late 90s (not Wal-Mart). They generally saw the prints coming out of the machine and if there was anything juicy they’d make an extra copy. My friend was amazed at how many nude pictures he came across while working there, which led to a very fat envelope of sexy pics filed under a fake name (I want to say it was Rasmussen). If somebody by that name ever came to pick up their pictures, they were in for a heck of a surprise.

2 Likes

This guy?

9 Likes

You will be beaten by the police until your safety is achieved.

3 Likes

This Guy

1 Like

film processing / photo development…he did a lot of stuff actually.

The investigations usually are into instances in which photos are shared among a group instead of just within a couple, he said. To his knowledge, Denson’s and Copening’s pictures weren’t shared with anyone else. He said they were discovered during an investigation of other explicit photos that were being shared among teens without the consent of the person or persons pictured.

So the photos were discovered because Denson and/or Copening were suspected of sharing other peoples’ nudes without their consent?

And… they either weren’t sharing others’ nudes without consent or couldn’t be charged for it, so they were charged with sharing their own nudes?

Am I following this correctly?

Kafka has already been mentioned but damn.

As though I needed another reason not to want kids despite also wanting them. I would be livid if my child were persecuted in this manner. Perhaps 16 years would mellow me but the frequency of anecdotes about busybodies and terrible laws is denting the shit out of my statistical anomaly meter.

13 Likes

I sense an opportunity to teach strong crypto to horny teenagers. Build an app that encrypts the picture when it’s taken, so only a key holder could view it. Lots of variations are possible, like blurring the bikini area, etc.

9 Likes

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess that she’s white and he’s black. We had a situation like that here in Georgia a few years ago. High school kids. Not selfies. Consensual sex that became statutory rape and maybe sodomy (bj). Dude did jail time. I think he’s finally out. That shit happens all the time, but when the kids are the same race, charges don’t tend to get pressed.

3 Likes

Was that case up in Floyd co?

The sex laws this puritan nation has are absolutely frightening. Where do these twisted cretins come from and why are they so sick and perverted about the sexual activity of other humans? I don’t think America was always so twisted in it’s legal persecution regarding sex and sexual activity. I fear we’re a slow motion ISIL building to a crescendo of insanity. We need an ACLU on steroids to attack these laws and to punish those who are so sick as to enforce such evil. The ruining of two young lives for the gratification of some demented prosecutor is a crime of far greater magnitude than what these kids did.

5 Likes

That photo of the young iphone answering the booty call from tree with dozens of rings was hot.

this is crazy

Blackstone states that suicide is an offense both against God and King.

Rather boring, as legal reasoning goes; I had supposed it was treated as kind of fraud against those who were owed an obligation of service, but nothing so inventive.

The British were a rather bloodthirsty lot.

1 Like

One of the things that bothers me about cases like this, is that it’s making sex offender registries more and more useless - and dangerous.

When you read about a serial rapist being chased out of a small highland community in scotland, it ‘feels’ kinda understandable. But when we start sticking kids on the register for getting caught peeing in a public place, for sending their consenting-other naughty pics, etc - this is going to follow them around, and they will be demonized well above and beyond anything that’s reasonably called for.

But if we start just assuming people are on the register for having a sneaky pee, it’s no longer fit for purpose.

15 Likes