17-year-old plays side two of Abbey Road with various instruments

Not about peace?

With that snide commentary on ā€œhitting nervesā€, Iā€™m beginning to suspect weā€™re being trolled.

Not at all. On topic Dylan Gardner is a talented young man and likes retro music. He does well oh several instruments showing ability. No snide intended.

Well, Marxist was suppose too bring peace and equality to the common person but we know how that turns out. ā€œImagineā€ if it worked.

Sorry, but I donā€™t get that at all from Lennonā€™s lyrics.

1 Like

Thatā€™s funny, because I always think itā€™s sad when teens stick with their parentsā€™ music.

My tastes are pretty broad, so I thought my son would never find music I hated. But when he discovered dubstep, I said, ā€œSon, you are a successful teen.ā€

2 Likes

Seems Iā€™m having this conversation way too regularly.
I just turned 61 and Iā€™m more blown away with the quality and variety of todayā€™s music than Iā€™ve ever been. I vowed in my early 20ā€™s to do my best at staying current with the music of the dayā€¦ not the top 40 hits, but the music on the street or being shared on cassette and then CD, and now!~!! Itā€™s been rough, at times; but so worth it.
Itā€™s all in your attitude, old man; youā€™ll be(come) a codger only if itā€™s who you are.
Who DO you want to be?
Dare you BE that person?
Take the leap, itā€™s never too late!
As for the music, all you gotta do is ask and open your ears & mind.

6 Likes

Misspelling their names prior to insulting them, that took some care. Iā€™ll excuse myself from your lawn now.

Hey look, a video about a talented kid with a sense of humor. I really enjoyed the amplifier in the refrigerator. Talent!

Let It Be acetates were leaked in 1969 and quickly made their way to radio. Several DJs played the unfinished album as an ā€œexclusiveā€. So, it was bootleged from actual acetates from DJ to DJ, but it didnā€™t find itā€™s way into the hands of the average fan.

I canā€™t quite explain it, but as good as he is, there is some modern inflection in his voice that sounds very american idol/glee to me. Itā€™s something that Iā€™m sure kids his age donā€™t even realize they are doing but it kinda grates on my ears.

I guess the more accurate a cover is, the more I compare it to the original.

I think something like that crazy Sean Lennon song that was just posted on boing boing, and itā€™s psychedelic, experimental originality, to me is more of a tribute to the spirit of the Beatles (who were always experimenting with something new) than a straight cover like this.

Then again this kid is 17. He could do much worse than carefully studying and learning from the compositions of Beatles songs.

1 Like

I actually like some of the dubstep, I shudder to think what I will inevitably hate when my son reaches puberty! :shit:

Jesus, this kid is made of talent.

Bonus points for the Omnichord.

Yes, it was a joke- thatā€™s what people were saying about the Beatles when
they were new. So itā€™s ironic to have them referred to as the ā€œproperā€
music. Sorry if that went over your head.

It happens. Iā€™m rather dense.

And we flipped the LP over in THREE FEET OF SNOW! And we LIKED IT!

Iā€™m going out on a limb here, but I think you might be referring to the fact that he actually knows how to sing, and has professional training? Kids today!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.