A bookseller amongst her wares (possibly NSFW)

Look, I’m not saying I’m not interested in her Asimov… and let’s just take it as read that her Heinleins are all in order, but I’m a jaded guy of the internet age, so it’s hard for me to get that excited unless I can at least see whether she’s got any Vinge. And it just figures that the way they shot it, her Nagatas are just out of view.

(I’ve… I’ve taken this too far, haven’t I?)

1 Like

I stand corrected. Is it art, however ?

1 Like

That’s the owner, Bernie. Art just works there on weekends.

7 Likes

That photo is just a ripoff of this one of the cashier at the church gift shop.

4 Likes

That costume doesn’t look so risqué from the front but the other side is opened to the Book of Revelations.

9 Likes

Rowr².

Squared, cause she’s the founder of a SF bookshop.

2 Likes

Of course it is. It’s a well composed and executed portrait of a human being literally embodying her passion and profession, and a photograph of an ideal female form besides. How is it not art?

2 Likes

Disappointed that the titles on the spines aren’t legible.

2 Likes

One could argue that she’s being objectified.

And something something male gaze something something.

Meh, I don’t feel like arguing. Neat idea.

1 Like

Hello,

I shall be in my bunk library.

In all serious, pretty interesting photo. I wonder how difficult it is to line up so that everything looks right in the photo?

Ug. Clarke’s 2061 is a terrible book. That’s what we’re supposed to be looking at, right?

1 Like

Any inspiration from Cindy Sherman?

1 Like

It’s certainly commerce. It’s all about what this business sells. Can something be art and commerce at the same time? Sure, movies do it all the time. Yes. It’s Art. Among other things.

i love reading

A regular Library of Sexual Congress.

1 Like

Because you are a boring drudge desperately looking for something to be offended by. If you want to see photos of naked male bodypainted bookstore owners, why haven’t you taken any yourself?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.