A breakthrough mind-reading experiment turned thoughts into text

[Read the post]

Considering the phenomenon of dick pics is this a good idea?

At least as it stands, there are a number of actions that must occur before someone manages to make the final bad decision by hitting send.

1 Like

Charmed fan fiction

Wha…?

Ah, but of course, adding something so baffling to this story will help bring it more attention.

2 Likes

Maybe the PI really wanted to be able to say that people have read their work?

So there’s hope that someone, someday will finally be able to tell me what the hell I was thinking when I dated you know who?

Pffft, I produce texts with no thought at all…

7 Likes

Frustrated writers of the world rejoice!

1 Like

Dragon, Naturally thinking!

4 Likes

What if they can do it with an “injection”?

2 Likes

God damn it.

This is not the first time ever. Such devices have been on the market for twenty years – including non-invasive EEG-based versions.

Improvements to the tech should not be advertised as the first examples of the tech.

2 Likes

I just use my hand.

Honestly though capturing images created with your mind if they could hit that point then things that would take a person huge amounts of time to transcribe could be created in full practically instantly it would change society maybe more than the written word did. Or imagine if you could make music in your head and it be recorded. You could have a full orchestra and even if your singing voice sucks you could have the voices of angels or demons singing your song. You could create movies with your mind - think about the cost savings if it worked. It could be worth the price of the surgery if you could literally imagine a blockbuster movie instead of trying to produce one the traditional way.

2 Likes

Made a very important ( revolutionary and unpublished ) discovery - invention-the1.first practical device for reading human thoughts / human mind reading machine / Brain Computer Interface. This discovery is certainly ( exclusive ) exceptional, revolutionary nature! In particular, I have created a means for people with Locked - in Syndrome ( LiS ) and ALS ( such as British physicist Stephen Hawking or Steve Gleason problem ). Another unit called human Speech Generating Device. But I can’t publish my discovery ( I can’t protect their copyright in 2013 ) and I invite partnership. Thank you. Сурен Акопов. Email : tyristcheget@gmail.com / About the problem look for example in You Tube : 1.Jack Gallant, human mind reading machine; 2.John - Dylan Haynes, human mind reading machine; 3.Tom Mitchell and Marcel Just, human mind reading machine.
I should note that the means for communication, coomunicators, Speech Generating Device that use Steve Gleason and Stephen Hawking ideologically obsolete, expensive and not effective, low-quality!
This article relation to the truth does not matter! ( статья ложная ).

Dragon–>Illithid, maybe

Wait, i know this one…the Russians just use a pencil!

4 Likes

This post looks like an example of this less-than-perfect new tech…

2 Likes

exactly as many as there are now, really.

“I must have this thing calibrated wrong. Every time I hook it up to a post-pubescent male under 60 all it says is…”

SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX 
3 Likes

How did they get this past the ethics board? Surgical implantation? Wow.

RTFA; they ‘piggybacked’ on patients who were being treated for epilepsy etc, who already had the gear implanted for diagnostic and therapeutic reasons.

2 Likes

Law Encroachment departments are already having a field day with Stingray, face recognition, and license plate cameras. Just wait until a non-invasive, medium-range mindreader comes out.