Alabama judge defies chief justice's illegal order to ban gay marriage licenses

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Any source link you could share? If we’d like to read more?

6 Likes

HlLLBlLLIES can marry their Daddy, Brother and Sisters!

Why do they have an issue with Gay Marriage?

2 Likes

It’s doubtful that judges on either side of this divide will be arrested. Per scotusblog: “If any of the judges does issue a marriage license that does not obey the state’s ban, the chief justice warned, it would be up to the state’s governor to take action — although the memo did not specify what kind of action — to enforce state law.” And the gov. has expressed he has no intention of upholding the State Chief Justice’s ban. I’d like to think that there might be some consequences for Judge Moore for trying to flout the federal law - but my guess is that since his defiance has no standing, this whole thing will fizzle out in a few weeks.

3 Likes

Another nice sign:
This guy was protesting at Mobile County Probate Court in Alabama. I want to give him a donut. - Imgur

45 Likes

You said it! http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/roy-moore-alabama-father-daughter-marriage

The crazy part is that the anti-equality crowd doesn’t understand that Moore is the very definition of the “activist judge” they accuse others of being.

19 Likes

Roy Moore looks like the kind of fellow who 50 years ago would be carefully explaining the many good reasons why blacks and Indians shouldn’t be eating at white-only lunch counters.

I bet there’s a dinosaur theme park in Alabama that would be happy to hire him.

18 Likes

I’ve come to expect heaping helpings of projection when Usian conservatives blather on about, well, anything.

9 Likes

The crazy part is that Roy Moore is a judge.

13 Likes

Roy Moore is the same asshole who refused to remove a monument of the ten commandments from the Alabama Judicial Building before he got thrown out first time around.

14 Likes

Doubtful Moore will do anything, as the probate judge will soon have the SCOTUS covering his ass. Their decision not to uphold Moore’s ruling is anticipatory of their future ruling.

Moore’s the guy who was removed from the bench in the early aughts for his ten commandments sculpture.

4 Likes

Next step: the President is forced to send in the National Guard to make Alabama comply with the Federal ruling.

Might as well call those guys who protected the Little Rock Nine out of retirement. They’ll probably be facing the same old bigots who protested that too.

9 Likes

Most counties were issuing licenses to all couples, then most stopped, and for a brief time some counties weren’t issuing any marriage licenses at all. The icing on that shit cake was that for a brief period heterosexuals got a small taste of what it’s like to not be able to have a marriage legally recognized.

I still can’t understand why this is even an issue, though. The only thing I can figure is that any man who says “It threatens my marriage!” is really saying, “Now that it’s legal my boyfriend is going to start pressuring me to leave my wife.”

22 Likes

I really hope that states will eventually gain the right of secession. I’d love to support the southern states’ right to secede from the union. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Legal services in exchange for hugs? Prostitution!

5 Likes

There must be some surplus military gear available to put down this insurrection of love

2 Likes

A: You shouldn’t eat that calzone! It’s unnatural and offensive!

B: What are you talking about? My lunch is basically made of the same stuff as the pizza you’re eating.

A: That’s NOT TRUE AT ALL. It’s a cheap mockery of my pizza, and it threatens my lunch with its… ■■■■■, cheesy interior.

B: Do you want a calzone?

A: No!

B: Here, just try one bite. It’s good!

A: NO!!

29 Likes

Please don’t call us Hillbillies. You wouldn’t use an insulting term against any other social groups.

There are many of us here fighting for our rights to get married and fighting against such stereotypes.

23 Likes

Great. now I’m hungry.

6 Likes