Alameda County Sheriff boots Mother Jones reporter from SWAT show for "unauthorized photos"

[Permalink]

2 Likes

I can think of at least two ways to interpret that “this is my peace sign” image. I’m embarrassed to say what one of them is.

7 Likes

I was living near downtown Oakland around the time of the Oscar Grant shooting and subsequent protests. It seemed to me that the OPD had more than enough of those toys already. That was the one and only time I got to find out what tear gas smells like.

That tweet about the FBI profiler talking about the Unabomber was kind of rich considering that the FBI spent years trying to ID Ted Kaczynski without success, eventually only catching him after his brother ratted him out.

5 Likes

9 Likes

Well that one at least is peaceful.

I understand that there are activists outside of the convention. I’m glad to hear it.

I mean, sure, most of those cops probably mean well, but there are always a few troublemakers who might get out of hand if someone doesn’t keep an eye on them.

1 Like

Something like this?

Took me a while to work out what it was actually meant to be. Saw this and the happy guy waving his arms first.

8 Likes

Paging Dr. Freud!

1 Like

thanks a lot, now i cannot un-see it. was that design intentional? it had to have been…

From the folks who brought you the MIC: Welcome, America, to the Law Enforcement Industrial Complex. Don’t expect to see it go away soon, not when there’s so much money to be ripped off the taxpayers who will pay a second time with their health, welfare, and/or life should they dare to peacefully assemble or simply exist (especially people of color, the mentally ill, and family pets).

4 Likes

They need extra protection in Alameda. That’s where they keep the nuclear wessels.

3 Likes

This will continue to happen, again and again forever - but it’s particularly bad right now. The only answer we humans have ever found is to keep fighting and keep bearing witness. There is no magic wand.

4 Likes

All I see are violence loving sexually repressed people. They all need to get responibly laid…

2 Likes

And there’s your fascism. What freedom of speech?

3 Likes

They were embarrassing photos.

Embarrassing b/c they reveal the truth.

The truth is not authorized.

7 Likes

Similar occurrence at a recent Space and Missile Defense Symposium, surprising to me because it happened to someone I would have considered an industry insider, but I guess if you report for Aviation Leak then not everyone is happy with your coverage.

2 Likes

How did I miss that – I used to be a noted expert!

7 Likes

We cannot have people taking pictures because the public might find out what we are really doing with their money. Then they might take away all our pretty toys. SWAT needs their bottom swatted. This is not nazi Germany and they are not stormtroopers, this is America damn it, behave yourselves!

2 Likes

I would say this is a far more concerning picture, since we already knew there are few pigs who have two brain cells to rub together and these t-shirt are typical gun nut attempts at wit:

How would such a machine even work? They don’t have everyone’s DNA on file.

I have some new slogans:

KEEP CALM AND RUN OVER POLICE

KEEP CALM AND BE SHOT IN THE HEAD BY A 9 YEAR OLD WITH AN UZI

KEEP CALM AND WE’RE TOTALLY NOT COMPENSATING FOR ANY SHORTCOMINGS

KEEP CALM AND I HAD TO GET SOMEONE TO HELP ME WITH SPELLING

Morons, the lot of them.

2 Likes

What the fuck… this truck has the Batman logo on it!

It’s apparently called the “BATT”. I suppose if they receive a C&D then they’ll just run over whomever sent it.

What is this I don’t even…

Why is there so much fine detail on the junk? What are SWAT guys doing with these after hours? Plus, at least I can rely on twitter to calm the fire it started itself:

3 Likes