Amanda Palmer: "Dear Daily Mail"

Hey now. I like AFP and velcro sneakers. (And would have to go kinda out of my way to encounter the Daily Mail… unless someone Boings it.)

2 Likes

I bloody love her old songs, and several of her newer ones. I kind of wish she would act a bit different in some occasions, like what happened when she accompanied her husband to the globes. First time I thought she was overdoing it, it should have been about his work ( I think it was coraline at that event) and not about her.

He seemed pleased as punch anyway so no harm done in the end.

Well, I was doing it for the interesting conversation, but for some reason you’re kind of getting angry about it.

I’m sorry that it upsets you, but I do in fact think Amanda Palmer is a bore. Yes, that’s a subjective opinion. I don’t think her art is very interesting or very thoughtful, I just think it’s very well crafted to get attention.

3 Likes

And you created an account here an hour ago just to post this? I’m raising the bullshit flag. You obviously have some gripe or you wouldn’t have gone through the effort to be able to claim that you don’t.

5 Likes

What gripe could I possibly have against Ms. Palmer other than that I made quite clear: I find her to be a bore. Is that not enough of a gripe on its own?

3 Likes

“Glowing sideboob” is now officially my favorite phrase of the day.

4 Likes

I too, find her boring. Does it mean that she IS boring in an absolute sense? No, not necessarily. I’m prepared to accept that I’m simply not prepared to put in the required effort to extract anything meaningful or entertaining from her performances.

1 Like

Clue for our new friend. If you find some art you don’t like, walk away. No one really wants to hear how you don’t like it.

9 Likes

Well, I was doing it for the interesting conversation

No, I think you were doing it for attention. You can admit that, can’t you? You know, that you were doing it for attention?

for some reason you’re kind of getting angry about it.

I can honestly say I’m not angry and did it for some attention. Can’t you admit you did it for attention? Or, are you just angry?

I don’t think her art is very interesting or very thoughtful …

I do in fact think Amanda Palmer is a bore.

Yet, here you are… posting in an Amanda Palmer thread.

What other boorish pursuits do you partake in? I can’t wait to hear about them.

5 Likes

Are you feigning ignorance to the massive and vicious attacks that have been lobbed at her? And in light of that, would you not think it odd for someone to register and comment just for the purpose of talking about someone they consider to be a bore? I find Justin Bieber to be a bore, but I’ve don’t randomly register on forums to educate people on that. Your claims don’t add up. It might be that you feel it is important to educate random strangers on people you think are bores and it might be that you felt that only a passive-aggressive attack on Amanda Palmer would work in a moderated forum. If you hadn’t registered only 2 hours ago and only posted on this topic, I might be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

4 Likes

I don’t quite understand why you’re taking this so personally or being so defensive.

3 Likes

“provoked a tabloid”

Wait, what? The Daily Mail doesn’t bother reviewing her music, just writes a whole article shaming and ridiculing her for her bra slip - which didn’t happen deliberately - and you think she “provoked it”?
Isn’t that like saying, ‘she wore a short skirt, she got what she deserved’?

9 Likes

You have engaged an actual intellect. Please be prepared.

3 Likes

“Isn’t that like saying, ‘she wore a short skirt, she got what she deserved’?”

Holy lord that may be the most inappropriate response to my comment imaginable.

1 Like

@Cowicide isn’t being defensive or angry (that I can see). This is a deflection tactic. So please, stop saying it. You are being criticized because there are substantial flaws in both your arguments and your explanation to why you decided to register just to attack Amanda Palmer.

3 Likes

I, for one, have several profiles on automotive forums, where the only thing I ever post about is how boring it is to talk about cars. Nothing wrong with that, right?

4 Likes

Actually, it was “attention troll”. But yeah, I think we were meant to think the other thing.

yeah. He’s dancing all around it.

I read an interview where A P claimed she enjoyed taking out her (still in use) tampon while at a party and flinging it through the air. I believe it was in The Guardian. Class act she is not.

This comes under the, “She deserved it.” heading. I am speaking about in the context of this discussion. Hey, but that is where we are.

1 Like