Anti-Vax Arizona cardiologist also lacks social skills

[Permalink]

Christ, what an asshole.

17 Likes

Why parents who donā€™t vaccinate their kids against measles should be sued

15 Likes

And that fellow has a degree in medicine?!

If a religious nutjob claims something like that, I will just ignore him, because they are being an ignorant idiot.

But a physician? He is both supposed to know better about whether or not vaccines work thanks to his education. He should also know that in order for vaccines to protect the population, there has to be a certain critical mass of vaccinated people. Oh and the little detail of Hippocratic oath ā€¦

This guy should lose his license, IMO.

24 Likes

I had someone give me that same line when my child was diagnosed with leukemia. They also suggested a few homeopathic remedies to cure him. We opted for the 3 year chemo regimen, which actually worked.

46 Likes

Sadly thereā€™s more overlap between those two categories than you might guess.

7 Likes

I hovered over the link, saw it was CNN, and decided it wasnā€™t worth my time/attention/outrage.

2 Likes

" 'My child is pure," he added. ā€˜Itā€™s not my responsibility to be protecting their child.ā€™ "

Pure? Thereā€™s something disturbing going on in this guyā€™s mind beyond the usual free-rider sociopathy.

26 Likes

If he seriously has this sort of ideas, how did he pass the boards for his medical certificate?

Does he advocate bleeding his patients to relieve the excess of bad humors?

8 Likes

Itā€™s a bit dated, but come on, VAX was a perfectly good computer architecture for its time.

21 Likes

[quote]CNN asked Wolfson if he could live with himself if his unvaccinated child got another child gravely ill.

ā€œI could live with myself easily,ā€ he said. ā€œItā€™s an unfortunate thing that people die, but people die. Iā€™m not going to put my child at risk to save another child.ā€[/quote]

And if another unvaccinated child got HIS child sick with an easily preventable childhood disease, and his own child died? Would he be able to live with himself then? That would have been the better question. I mean, people die, right? Itā€™s an unfortunate thing. And if his child dies, well it dies.

13 Likes

Dude is bonkers:

Be angry with pharmaceutical companies for allowing us to believe living the above life can be treated with drugs. Correctly prescribed drugs kill thousands of people per year. The flu kills just about no one. The vaccine never works.

Deathcount from the Flu in 2010 (from the CDC):

Influenza and Pneumonia: 53,826

And here is his self written profile: http://wolfsonintegrativecardiology.com/meet-dr-jack-wolfson/about-me/

His holistic medicine website even includes a shop to buy his snake oil. I donā€™t think he has practiced medicine in years.

11 Likes

Donā€™t they have to have a medical license to practice? His license should be revoked. Iā€™m a (small letter) engineer, I donā€™t have my professional license because itā€™s not really required for what I do. However my degree is in computer engineering. If I woke up tomorrow and with or without my license decreed that I am (big letter) Engineer and I could build a perfectly safe skyscraper made of chocolate pudding, I would find myself tied up in a massive amount of legal turmoil from the professional organization. If as a licensed Professional Engineer you go off and do things that do not align with best professional practices you may find your license to practice revoked. This needs to happen in this situation.

7 Likes

I canā€™t decide whether the harm is greater or less when such physicians are sent to Congress. Maybe itā€™s less. A physician serving in Congress can still say really stupid things but might be less likely to be taken seriously. And I suppose itā€™s a way to get ethically challenged physicians out of practicing medicine.

Ah, Yelp.

13 Likes

Evaluate a 31-degree polynomial in one instruction?! Sign me up!!
http://uranium.vaxpower.org/~isildur/vax/week.html

I think these parents have the right to not vaccinate as long as they understand that their child can never be allowed to go near other humans.

11 Likes

When assholes remove all doubt that they are assholesā€¦

1 Like

The gist of his website is that he no longer prescribes pharmaceutical drugs, and instead promotes the eating of healthy food. That requires no medical license. Itā€™s sales. Itā€™s also not a completely bad idea, except for the anti-vax part.

1 Like

Maybe he should eat a twinkie and not be a raging asshole.

6 Likes