Anyone else remember Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis?

[Permalink]

WHOO WHOOOOOOOOOO!

2 Likes

Oh lordy yes I remember. The soundboard is terrific too: http://www.millerarts.com/interactive/BubbRubb/BubbRubbSoundBoard.html

2 Likes

Early entrants into a golden age of unintentional internet comedy. Before there was Antoine Dodson, there was Bubb Rubb and Lil Sis. It’s jus’ for decoration. That’s it and that’s all.

1 Like

I still can’t hear “Song 2” without thinking of the Bubb Rubb/Blur Song Whoo mashup.

We even added an item to World Of Cars online, “Boom Parts Whistle Tip”

This was honestly the first thing I ever associated with Oakland. Now that I live here, I’m slightly disappointed that I’ve never heard any car with whistle-tips, but only slightly.

At the time, I remember thinking the reporters were square and out-of-touch for covering this.

As this has aged, I’m impressed with how well the reporters captured this cultural moment in time.

3 Likes

I remember them at least once a week.

Oh Man, Whistle TIPS! Whoo Whooooooo!

That video has so much going for it. That station wagon! The breakfast speech! Those names!
But the Pièce de résistance is the “example” of their whistle tip at 1:49.
Don’t hit that parked car! Oops, was that a stop sign? I need both lanes to drive!

2 Likes

For the young-uns (or old-uns whose memory might not be what it used to be):
Bubb Rubb | Know Your Meme

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.