Archeologists excavate hippie commune's record collection

[Permalink]

That’s very funny, a fly marrying a bumblebee.

1 Like

Are we actually surprised? What a shame that only 50 years is enough to reduce a vast and vibrant subculture to a single narrow stereotype.

8 Likes

I would think that the open-mindedness of the time would allow for limitless tastes rather than being boxed in a particular genre.

This culture was know to make potato-chip bowls out of melted records, or to fling them against walls while high on “pot”. Perhaps this was a cache being preserved for use in these rituals.

3 Likes

Couldn’t you just track down any still living members of the commune and ask them what they listened to?

5 Likes

Burned and buried? Looks to me these are the records that they didn’t listen to. Maybe archeologists and communes listen to music differently than I do.

1 Like

Maybe these weren’t their favorite albums, just the ones they burned and buried.

1 Like

stereotypes hurt.

Are you trying to tell me that every single drug ever taken has not been consumed to the soundtrack of Jimi Hendrix’s All Along the Watchtower?

LIES!

I told you I’d shoot!

1 Like

They were probably buried for ritual purposes.

What an archaeologist says when they have no idea.

5 Likes

Well if’n you ain’t the mother and father of all liars!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.