Awesome 5-star solar system with two contacting pairs found

[Read the post]

As I kid I wished our planet had multiple moons - probably from watching Land of the Lost. I thought it would make for a great tide chart.

6 Likes

Reminds me of Isaac Asimov’s “Nightfall.”

6 Likes

Exactly. And somewhere, Isaac is smiling!

1 Like

Science always winds up cooler than fiction.

2 Likes

Man I’d hate to live the planet in between those suns.

If you haven’t already, I recommend checking out the pictures of Pluto. No longer is it a blob of color, we now have some defined features. http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/index.php

3 Likes

I know, right? All there is to do in a place like that is farm moisture and bullseye wamprats from your T-16.

3 Likes

I’m hoping the mission managers will turn NH around for a long shot of the inner solar system, ala Sagan’s Pale Blue Dot photo once the spacecraft passes Pluto. Can’t wait for the closeup shots to come down!

2 Likes

This is where the new money stays, I’m booked into the 6 star system down by the nebula shore, muuuch more classy.

1 Like

That contraption will never work. Come back in a million years, those stars will be all over the place, and I’ll say I told you so.

1 Like

So… what sunscreen SPF should I bring?

1 Like

This is why I have less belief in “impossible” than a creationist does in evolution

1 Like

Reminiscent of the 'Verse from Firefly.

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe.

1 Like

50, 40, 30, 25 and 15. :wink:

2 Likes

Eight, but put it on sideways. :grinning:

1 Like

To be on the safe side, all of them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.