Awesome Song Thread!

8 Likes

Awesome bit we know from Lock Stock 2 Smoking barrels

2 Likes

I love this song.

My favourite New Order, and I love this remix of it.

And for something completely different.

2 Likes

It feels like nall the stuff I like is too well-known for this thread, but here goes something:

(Yeah, I know, I caught the title from the previous track. but I was trying to make sure I didn’t cut off the start. It’s just like cassette tapes all over again)

2 Likes

which reminds me of Spoek Mathambo’s “Control”, which roughly covers Joy Division’s “She’s Lost Control”:

The visuals remind me a bit of Roger Ballen, but they are by Pieter Hugo.

2 Likes

cross-posting to an awesome song I already posted. @wrecksdart’s post in that thread is awesome, too.

Ma go-to whistlin’ tune:

2 Likes

This is a vid of Carolina Chocolate Drops and the Luminescent Orchestrii performing “Knocking” in a NY apartment while practicing for a tour. If you haven’t heard either band, you’ve been missing out! Defined in youtube comments as a “hot bundle of awesome.”

2 Likes

RIP Throb.

2 Likes

And now that I’ve lured you in with that, I spring my trap (but honestly both of these songs are awesome):

3 Likes

Yabba yabba ding ding!

Apollo 9 - Adam Ant

4 Likes

I don’t know whether to love or hate this thread, because it makes me remember a lot of one-hit wonders from the 60s and 70s which maybe should just stay there. Still, the nice thing about pop songs is that they’re from a specific moment in time so they instantly take you back to where you were at that time.

2 Likes

Boingily relevant

6 Likes
4 Likes

WTF you doin’ digging through my mom’s record collection, man? As long as you’re there, pull out the old Dire Straits (not that shit with Sting in it), Moody Blues and America.

@catgrin: That Ministry song needs to stay dead and buried, right where Al Jourgensen left it. Please replace it with anything from A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste, or even with this:

6 Likes

We can have pre-Paul ministry and the classic era. I could do without newer stuff, I’m afraid. The last time they toured, they had revolting cocks open, and it ain’t no RevCo without Connelly:

Good lord, he look so YOUNG in that video!!!

Also…

7 Likes

Speaking of Connelly - from his first album:

And a Pigface classic:

2 Likes

Thread needs more Biscuit.

2 Likes
3 Likes

The OG:

2 Likes