Bani Garu: FAQFQA

I do say so.

2 Likes

And jokers to the right?

2 Likes

Yep, and I’m always in the middle.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing the comic sooner, but given that I am seeing this comic for free I cannot just demand it . I am happy the comic has gone weekly though :smiley:

And returning to the comic and the questions:
sexism in comics… sigh… I am honestly not as frustrated with people ignorant of how bad really is at times as I am with the people actively denying it D: Or even worse, the people who equate the pointing out of sexism as an attack of the whole medium, and an attack to their persons :confused:

1 Like

Am I a sad, sad man for wanting to know how the pirate gig played out?

That’s already happened here. (You may know that.)
Glad you’re liking the comic!

The pirate gig was Long John Silvers, at the tail end of pretty much every fast food place doing cutesy themed outfits, which is why we dressed kind of pirate-y/sailor-y.
The reason I left was because…wait for it…sexual harassment.

2 Likes

I choose to believe that you were harassing customers. It’s the least cliche and, thus, more interesting.

You were so achingly close to having a point, then you called me “highly unbalance[d].”

I’m declaring this a corollary to Godwin’s Law, and I’m calling it “Lea’s Law:” if you can’t talk to a woman or girl about being sexually harassed without suggesting (or outright saying) they’re mentally ill or lying, you lose any and all credibility and footing in the discussion. (Assuming you had any to begin with.)

ETA: also known as “gaslighting.” Forgot that.

5 Likes

I think they missed points for the lack of “Well, if you hadn’t dressed for it in that pirate outfit created by corporate…”

It was the sexiest fried-fish smelly, well-worn, heavy doubleknit wrinkle-free machine wash shirt ever. I left out the part about when I would become perfumed from handling the raw shrimp and malt vinegar.

1 Like

Bani Garu, flypaper for misogynist dweebs

1 Like

Or bringer of my food!

2 Likes

Don’t stop now, it’s just getting interesting!

1 Like

I looked at 80’s videos for a pic of the uniform. I’d forgotten there was a neckerchief, too. Because comfort is for losers!
Now that I think about it, the person(s) who decided to have employees wear polyester around hot oil was really fucking stupid.

2 Likes

Happy to be of service.

1 Like

Were there hats?

2 Likes

I almost posted that pic! Not like that, red kerchiefs on the head with big gold rings attached to look like an earring.
Kids got paper pirate hats and cheap plastic hand puppets.
CHEAP.

I get the sense that there is a population of people facing very existential dread over the prospect of seeing how the sausage of their underage upskirt anime is made. I don’t get the sense of a coordinated attack, or a specific agenda, just desperate flailing and rationalization.

2 Likes

Falcor,I love you and hate you at the same time. Which is to say, you rule. :slight_smile:

Hey Lea, I have a question for you, from one aging anime fan to another:

Are you still into anime? Do you log hours watching series, either new or old? Re-watch old series? As goofy as it often makes me feel, you know what, I can’t help still just loving anime. I’m 36, and I really don’t know that many people who still watch anime. I’m sure the kiddies are into it. But I feel like I’ll be 70 (if I live that long!) and enjoy anime.

However, I’ve never been involved in the industry, and you’ve been on the ass-end of it. Curious if/how it’s affected your interest in the art form.