BART riders may have been exposed to measles

Except that the MMR vaccine is the vaccine that STARTED the whole anti-vaxxer movement. So while you could certainly argue that people avoiding vaccines for their children are not rational (I would certainly argue that), it’s also probably one of the ones that people are LEAST likely to have nowadays.

Thanks indeed, Jenny McCarthy. And Dr Wakefield. And every other woo peddler out there.

2 Likes

Also, Spock is like, the epitome of a dry sarcasm user.

2 Likes

“I may not know Karate, but I know Ka-razy!

I guess Dingbats (or is it Wingdings) is right out then as the font of Kirkian overacting.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Hmmm. That doesn’t seem to work. Perhaps “Cursive”?

"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

Or maybe “Fantasy”?

"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

4 Likes

I do not know how you did that but I am in awe.

1 Like

It also means in ten years we’ll look back on anything that came out of a typewriter completely differently.

9 Likes

Also, finally the true emotions behind my code will come through.

3 Likes

I expect @codinghorror is frantically at work trying to fix it, even as we speak.

3 Likes

Glad I wasn’t just drinking milk, or a cow might have come out of my nose…

2 Likes

I do wonder if the MMR vaccine is going to wind up in a similar boat as pertussis, where a booster shot is important/helpful later in life. I made sure to get the pertussis with my tetanus booster before I went near some newly arrived baby humans. I’d do the same for other vaccines, because I definitely don’t want to contribute to any babies getting sick.

4 Likes

I actually never ended up getting a pertussis booster (I don’t think) when we had our first kid. I have a vague recollection of the doctor mentioning it and then… Nothing. I guess my doctor didn’t deem it too much of a risk, since she is generally pretty good about that kind of thing. Although maybe I did get one and just don’t remember, that is equally as likely. Memories from those early days of the first baby are… hazy.

Now I wonder how much worse it would be if Marin County hadn’t opted out of BART back in the 60s.

4 Likes

Good point. I absolutely support their policy of self-isolation.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s the same problem with chicken pox now. Because we’re not regularly being exposed to the virus anymore, our immune systems don’t automatically top up, so even those of us old enough to have had the disease no longer have lifetime immunity.

So…good thing there’s a vaccine?

Or maybe Papyrus is the font for quoting shithead racist murderers like [George Zimmerman][1] & Michael Dunn?

"The only judge is The Lord, and when I meet him I'll know how he feels."

Yeah, that looks about right…
[1]: http://boingboing.net/2014/02/18/george-zimmerman-i-am-a-victi.html

2 Likes

Interesting…is that working for you? It’s not coming through for me (Windows/Chrome).

Yes. Windows 7, Firefox (27.0.1). Screenshot:

I am also on the Chromed out Windows and I see it just fine.