Batca[v|k]e

[Permalink]

The pun works fine, but the headline doesn’t. It just looks like Batcalvlkle. Like some kind of Czech baklava.

2 Likes

Fun with regex…(I was trying to figure out what a batcale was)

Batca[vk]e would read easier, the pipe looks too much like a lowercase L.

The level of detail in the cakes is amazing. But what exactly does one do with a cake like this?

I honestly have no idea.

I’ve never personally ‘got’ cakes like this. It would be horrible to eat, just sugar paste and sponge (and I’d be surprised if it were tasty sponge). As a building material it produces inferior results to many more appropriate alternatives.

I get that someone can now say ‘I made the batcave out of some basic cake ingredients’, which is an impressive feat! A great laugh for your kids and Instagram followers. But I don’t get why someone would want to buy it. They like art with an expiry date?

For events we used to do these things with ice sculptures (I say we, I of course mean the people not inviting me to their parties because I pick apart the centrepieces) - which looked less like playdoh models and were far more extravagant. And likely just as edible.

Tldr; Ice sculptures are better.

1 Like

You’ll have to make a tough decision on that front. As the One True Catwoman (Julie Newmar) remarked back in 1966: one can’t have one’s cake and eat it too.

2 Likes

There is no way that Batmobile is made of cake.

Round up some cockroaches and play Gnomoria!

I think @doctorow misread the article. It states the Batcave cake was made to house the die-cast car the client already owned:

This Batcave is an edible set designed for the client’s die cast Batmobile.

The instrumentation layout in the Batcave is rather suboptimal. That happens when you let the thing being designed by appearance-driven designers instead of by ergonomists.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.