Big Data meets Bigfoot

[Permalink]

Wow, either it proves the existence of bigfoot or… its a heat map of campsites and wilderness recreation areas!

The “bivariant view against population” is meaningless because the distribution of people who are camping / hunting / etc is very different from the distribution of general population.

2 Likes

See that big bright spot in the Pacific Northwest? at the south side of Mt St Helens, there was/is a eery place called Ape Canyon. My family had been going to Spirit Lake in the summers since the late 1920’s. There were still a couple of Indian guides who would come around and visit with us in the late 1950’s. The existence of ‘ape-men’ was not even a question. It was a bit of a rite of passage for the young men, mostly, of the family to hike over and spend a night on the rim of the canyon…though it was only my father and one of his cousins who ever heard the howling in the night.

Will it help us narrow down the location of Sasquatchistan?

News Flash from the Department of Obvious Results:
People who make up stories about seeing Bigfoot try to make their stories seem marginally plausible by not saying they saw him in Times Square but rather out in the boonies with no pesky counter-witnesses present.

3 Likes

I’m sure the ever-increasing number and resolution of personal cameras, such as smartphone cameras, GoPros, trail cams, Closed Circuit cameras,and satellite imaging, will eventually allow all of these biological “mysteries” to be solved one way or the other.

Obligatory xkcd reference: “Settled”

1 Like

What we seem to have here is clear evidence for the fact that we can’t really tell anything by doing this.

1 Like

Overlay this data on a map of electromagnetic anomalies in Earth’s magnetosphere - that would be even more interesting.

People see a thing =/= said thing objectively exists. My money is on a deep-brain structure activated via EMF/geomagnetic spikes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.