Birds are jerks compilation

this was published before every video on BB was accompanied by a gif. good times.

7 Likes

Some birds are amazing, esp. the corvids.
But note that you never see any gifs of geese being friendly sweet-natured birds.

8 Likes

No such compilation is complete without the videos of crow making cats fight for their amusement:

6 Likes

That baby owl in the video straight up kicked that other bird’s ass.

1 Like

That is a barred owl. They happily eat other birds (and squirrels, rats, snakes, and whatever they can kill). It’s completely insane to put one of those near another bird it could get its talons into. You know what the barred owl’s main predator is? The great horned owl.

Owls. Murderous dinosaurs. Awesome, beautiful, murderous dinosaurs.

5 Likes

No kidding.

4 Likes

least we forget: http://i.imgur.com/dUliChi.gif

5 Likes

Troll level: parrot?

7 Likes

9 Likes
17 Likes

14 Likes

FSM I love that one so much.

4 Likes

I can’t help myself… I love this vid (posted earlier on BB). I will take any barely relevant opportunity to (re)post it.

“Bed rats! I CAN’T WORK!”

4 Likes

One of the great advantages of being a bird is that humans think you are hilarious when you attack something, even when the thing being attacked is another human.

Person being chased by a goose, comedy gold.

Person being chased by a dog, maybe we should help.

Person being chased by a lion, ok, bad example, lions are also funny

4 Likes

Swans are jerks. Murderous, aggressive, homicidal, mean, smelly jerks.

Stay fucking away from swans.

Do you know why they have such long and wavy necks?

BECAUSE THEY ARE SNAKES. Snakes disguised as birds.

There are no swans, just cosplaying snakes. JERK snakes.

5 Likes

At one job I had many years ago, a bunch of Canadian geese decided they really liked hanging-out at the employee entrance. They shit all over the place and, if you came within ten yards of them, they’d start snapping at you and loudly chasing after you. Nasty assholes, those Canadians.

1 Like

A domestic goose wing-knuckled my brother (age 8 or so) so hard in the knee that he was limping for a week. At least with geese, if you’re a full-sized person, facing them aggressively usually works. Swans? Bad news. One around here drowned a guy who was in a boat doing pond maintenance.

1 Like

Tiny dinosaurs are assholes.

4 Likes

Kea are really interesting so far as birds go for many reasons, but boy are carnivorous parrots horrifying.

1 Like