Boob and sock money not welcome in the sweaty summertime, sorry

Being easy to wash doesn’t negate the ickiness factor of having to deal with sweaty money. Though most money is gross, anyway, even if it’s not sweaty, and I’m very glad I don’t have to handle it all day (though I’m sure my work keyboard is totally disgusting, in terms of bacteria count, as well).

Wuh? The sign itself that this post is about says “boob” and “sock” money. I don’t get your complaint – you think he’s driving trollies because he accurately quoted the post’s source material?

2 Likes

i will accept boob money. :smile:

1 Like

Definitely made it pretty close to Little Canada (Minnesota, that is).

1 Like

[Insert money laundering joke.]

Ass pennies…

2 Likes

Y’all can bring your boob money over here.

Regarding the question about legal tender, “all debts public and private,” etc. I have no idea about Nova Scotia but in the US:

“There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as payment for goods and/or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether or not to accept cash unless there is a State law which says otherwise.”

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/currency/pages/legal-tender.aspx

http://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12772.htm

When I worked for the bank, the police would sometimes send us cash that was wrapped in plastic. It wasn’t boobs or socks that they pulled it from.

1 Like

Why do you think it was the Australians that first came up with polymer notes?

Wendy’s had a pretty good salad bar with baked potatoes (and toppings), nachos, and the like. It was a lot more reasonable than the local markets’ salad bars that now run between $7 and $10 per pound.

1 Like

Believe me. By no means was I complaining.

That’s what I remembered about their baked potatoes: they were pretty filling for the money.

Yes. But most trades are not obligated to enter a contractual agreement with you. When you put down the stuff at the counter you just make an offer to purchase the items at the price posted by the owner. He is not obligated to accept that offer, even though he may not refuse it because of discriminatory reasons in some jurisdictions.

Because thy have lots of desert and not that many trees.

Ankle cash = Cankles?

I so sympathize. I worked in an arcade back in the late 80s in a beach resort town. Kids would come in and pay for tokens with dripping wet sweaty dollar bills pulled out of their sneakers. Bleh. Before long the cash register smelled like a stanky foot.

You’re going to need a bigger (motor) boat

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.