Bored US teens kill visiting Australian man

[Permalink]

1 Like

What a bunch of pricks.

1 Like

Anybody else have A Clockwork Orange come to mind?
Maybe it’s just because I watched it again recently.

3 Likes

The only thing that stops some bored teenage psychopaths with a gun … oh fuck it.

2 Likes

And now this liberal (on most things except for guns and capital punishment) awaits the whining bleeding-hearts explaining to us how we shouldn’t light these little fuckers up post haste.

3 Likes

Several reasons, but mostly because I don’t trust the government or the courts enough to grant them the ultimate power over life and death.

13 Likes

Well, aren’t we just talking about giving the Globe & Mail that power at this point?

1 Like

Can we get something on this story from a local source, rather than a Canadian paper quoting Sky News?

Here is a local source:

I understand that prison is also quite boring.

16 Likes

Luckily you can make a shiv out of almost anything, so they should be able to keep busy.

3 Likes

The mentally ill say the darnedest things.

I’d also caution that, while these teens may well be as guilty as sin, I’ve also seen a number of similar news stories revealed years later as as heartbreaking tales of manipulative police interrogations and coerced false confessions. Whatever ultimately happens to these teens I hope that it follows due process.

9 Likes

Revenge is best saved for practical jokes, not the justice system in a civilised country.

12 Likes

Children don’t kill people, parents that neglect children kill people.

3 Likes

You beat me to it. Bored teenagers with guns. Should never have been possible in the first place.

4 Likes

Welcome to America.

Don’t forget your Kevlar vest.

1 Like

Here’s another local news source from the town where the shooting took place: http://m.duncanbanner.com/duncanbanner/db_293436/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=9UoVncgV

Disgusting situation. I hope the right people are being held and that the legal system follows the proper course.

No mention of the kids’ race.
Interesting. I guess we wouldn’t want bad publicity on that front.

5 Likes

Exactly. it’s far to easy to find examples of people who were wrongly convicted, then executed. We’d need to replace “reasonable doubt” with “absolute, unassailable certainty” which I’m not sure we can do.