Bosch's 600 year old butt-music from hell

[Permalink]

Itā€™s got a good beat, easy to dance to. Iā€™d give it an 85.

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised I heard about this on Wait! Wait! Donā€™t Tell Me! before reading about it here. Normally itā€™s the other way around, and I always think, yeah, itā€™s no surprise that Peter Sagal reads BoingBoing.

I would assume he just sat on the book nearby, and the ink was still wet, so if they transcribe directly off his ass they are playing one of the melodies in the book backwards. I canā€™t tell if it matches up to the page that is open.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to know how this cheek music relates to the demon with the string of anal beads for a tongue.

1 Like

I donā€™t know, sounds like ass to me.

6 Likes

Perfect for dancing cheek to cheekā€¦

5 Likes

It now occurs to me that if the ā€œsit ā€˜nā€™ printā€ method was used then the tune would be reversed. Hmmm. If there were also lyrics maybe theyā€™d say something like: ā€œPaulā€™s ass is dead.ā€

3 Likes

Thatā€™s his tongue? Thank goodness. I thought that thing was slurping Christmas lights out of the poor music butt dudeā€™s ass.

Nowadays, if you say ā€œbutt-music from hell,ā€ the first thing to come to mind is something like Nicklebackā€¦

2 Likes

But then youā€™d be in Heaven.

3 Likes

A Spanish early music ensemble already made this in the seventies (watch from 2:16 to skip the intro)

Atrium MusicƦ/Gregorio Paniagua, CODEX GLVTEO (Hispavox 1978)

and they even added some lyrics:

Codex Glvteo,
Hyeronimus van Aecken,
Alleluia, Alleuia!

2 Likes

I see what you did there.

sounds like ass.

I think the message was lost to the medium.

That die is wrong. 2 and 5 should be on opposite sides.

1 Like

To the right, in the full image, is a guy with a flute up his ass.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.