[Permalink]

2 Likes

Epsilon-Minus-Semi-Moronado!!!

1 Like

gazuntite

2 Likes

The Gazuntites are not canon.

2 Likes

This was already a made-for-TV-movie back in 1980. It starred Bud Cort (from “Harold & Maude”) and Kier Dullea (from “2001: A Space Odyssey”).

2 Likes

There was also a 1998 adaptation with Peter Gallagher (who I just didn’t think was quite right as Bernard Marx) and Leonard Nimoy.

As much as I’m looking forward to this I think I’d rather see an adaptation of Huxley’s last novel Island, which provided the “third alternative” he felt was left out of Brave New World.

Island isn’t science fiction, though, and I can see why it would be damned hard to make it into a movie. So here and now, boys, here and now.

4 Likes

If they include even half the sex from the book, they’re bound to have a hit on their hands.

1 Like

It’s weird how BNW managed to have so much sex and still be deeply sex-negative and slut-shamey.

2 Likes

I love Island! It always amazes me how many who discuss Huxley haven’t read it.

2 Likes

With Spielberg involved, you can bet all the sly, quirky humor will disappear and it will become a standard chase movie involving an adorable white suburban mall child on a bicycle. It will be put through the Phil Dickerator.

I wonder how they’ll approach the adaptation.

It could be a period piece and a satire, with a World State that genuinely seeks to give the citizenry a happy and fulfilling life . . . in its own dismally utilitarian, consumerist fashion.

Or they could darken it up, making the world state more sinister and “contemporary”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.