Browser plugin that adds NSA-trolling keywords to the URLs you load

He who sacrifices security for browser speed deserves neither.

5 Likes

i also thought of that immediately. it’s called m-x spook.

Its a shame they can’t use that mass of computing power and those advanced filters to ensure that they are not scooping up emails of innocent people inside the US that have no connection to terrorism…

3 Likes

I installed it but cannot use it with a Google Maps lookup. It generates a persistent Loading message and it’s impossible to zoom the map. Seems that the words added to the URL confuse the lookup process.

1 Like

I like it. This is pretty much what I had in mind. Jam the NSA? I doubt it. Produce metrics they can’t well ignore? Most likely! Add some degree of burden to their nasty probing? If it works out that way, all good.

And that was precisely the point - make it easy enough that anybody could send the message, any time, without any onerous individual hacking being required.

Sorry ‘bout server speed - but hey. You’re in this, too. And you already were, whether you liked it or not. If merely writing to your logs is that big a prob, you were already in trouble. And if you need to solve it, then develop a workaround. As I see it, you’re either fer us or agin’ us - and that word ‘us’ just happens to include you!

If you’re not a US national, obviously you get a pass. This s a national matter of concern to citizens. I don’t expect citizens of other nations to take it on. (Instead, take on your own government if need be.)

Then you need new Eel Away! Your no.1 solution to eel problems. Whether you’re having problems with eels in your home, your hovercraft, or just up inside yer, New! Improved! Eel Away! will stop your eel problem right away!
Remember, if you’ve got eels, you need Eel Away!

Um. Not so far from reality as you might think - everything from cars to fast food self-serve are getting embedded systems designed in as we speak.

I even know of one (not yet in production) where, when you get some product, it snaps a pic and then uses facial recognition to remember your preferences. Creepy? Sure. Does the owner of these products realize it’s creepy? Nope. Not even a little bit.

Although, if it can be built, it can be hacked. Could be fun (or scary, depending ) just trying to imagine future pwnage happening…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.