Chemical spill in West Virginia leaves 300,000 without drinking water

Actually this is the environmentalists’ fault. One of the uses of MCHM is to wash coal. Who do you think insists we wash coal?

Damn hippies.

2 Likes

I love these companies. No contignency plan, no spill containment measures. Why? “Costs too much.”
Companies like this should’ve learned a lesson from BP.

For the “clean coal” industry…

“Freedom” Industries. Must’ve taken his cue from Bush: “Patriot” Act.

2 Likes

freedom and limited liability are basiacally interchangable concepts, to some.

1 Like

Because the habit of strip-mining the tops of hills (where the coal is easy to get at, and hundreds of feet thick), and then dumping the debris in the valley on either side.

Example: Bridgeport-Clarksburg WV, home of the FBI Data Center: the Data Center, an entire Mall, and a set of 4-5 strip malls are all built on the “plateaus” left AFTER the coal has been strip-mined off. . .

Google map is deceiving: you don’t see the sharp drops from the “plateaus” to the Interstate. . . (look to the East and South of the US-50/ Interstate 79 intersection. . .

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=clarksburg+WV&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&ei=W7DSUo3oDvKqsQThqoCADA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAg

“I love the taste of 4-methylcyclohexane methanol in the morning. It tastes like … Freedom.”

I wonder what would happen if they screwed up Nestle’s bottle water source?

Can’t tell if trolling or being sarcastic.

1 Like

My thought process when writing the comment:

I can’t just leave it like that. People will think I’m serious. Hmmm. Maybe if I appended it with something like “stupid hippies!” it would seem less like something a right-winger would actually say.

*Typety typety type*

It still looks like something a right-winger would say.

*Narrows eyes*

“I there anything they would say in this context that wouldn’t sound ridiculous?”

*Taps fingers on desk for a minute.*

“Nope.”

*Clicks Reply*

4 Likes

I’m sorry you had a bad time, and I used to live in a trailer as a child (on my grandparent’s property) and had bad well water (possibly due to gas well drilling), but then my family moved in to the city and we lived in house, then I lived in another house, and then I moved to another city and currently live in an apartment. I saw zero pot farms, nor any obvious drug dump sites. I also went to two elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school that had zero portraits of Jesus.

Conveyance by barge, hungyjoe. I want to know why there aren’t inspections of chemical storage facilities x number of feet from any river. I also want to know why the water company has no plans in place for a disaster such as this. I would think they have a vested interest to know what could go in to the water and how to treat it.

No. Union Carbide is Dow Chemical.

We had a VERY nice house, and free gas, because a gas pipline transited a corner of our property (the gas was in lieu of land rent for the pipeline: it was the usual arrangement there.

As for the Jesus. . well, read the NYT on it:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.