Chicago prankster makes awesome flyers comparing artists to rats

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to see this as clever, but it really just looks like ā€œmy four-year-old could do that.ā€

6 Likes

I wish I knew Adobe Illustrator that well when I was 4.

5 Likes

You forgot to take into account that this, right there, is a piece of street art. See how it changes everything? Now itā€™s clever and meta and ironic and, yes, arty.

Reminds me of the ā€˜hipster trapā€™ installation of a while ago.

5 Likes

If an artist canā€™t feed, an artist canā€™t breed

Having known quite a few Chicago artists who appeared to subsist on heroin and sex, Iā€™m not sure denying food is the quickest way to get rid of them. :wink:

6 Likes

This looks like a reaction to hostile anti-homeless ā€œBum Baitā€ signs.

ā€˜Bum Baitā€™ Signs Compare Homeless Chicagoans to Rats, Anger Wicker Parkers

1 Like

It would be cute if it was ironic but to me it seemed more mean-spirited. But what do I know?

These look to me to be very clearly poking fun at the sort of people who think ā€œbumsā€ should be exterminated like vermin. But the author of the article, the offended people on the street and most commenters on the article seemed to take it at face value as the work of the very horrible people being satirized. Poeā€™s law, I guess.

3 Likes

It never occurred to me that this wasnā€™t either ironic or self-deprecating. It seems like the type of person with a knee-jerk reaction to ā€œmodern [sic] artā€ wouldnā€™t express it in this sort of way.

3 Likes

Modern Art = I can do that + Yeah, but you didnā€™t

5 Likes

reserve terms like ā€œtalented,ā€ ā€œbrilliant,ā€ and ā€œgeniusā€ for scientists.

honky, please

10 Likes

of course you know an artist is behind this.

You donā€™t think of Shelley Winters first?

Is it Pick On Chgoliz day? :no_mouth:

1 Like

Why would you think weā€™d be picking on you? You donā€™t think of Shelley Winters first?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.