Children perform Zeppelin!

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Loved this. Jimmy Page posted it on his Facebook page.

2 Likes

also:

1 Like

All from memory too! Great stuff

Annnnnnd, I suddenly like this song!

3 Likes

Almost brought a tear to my eye.

I don’t know, maybe it’s just cause I love the songs already or am easily impressed, but just kind of found their playing and coordination amazing.

1 Like

Me too! Why is that…something about them being so young, yet so good already, and having so much fun with it…i mean, sorry for yet another video, but check this out, especially the second half:

2 Likes

Plus also girls doing percussion…like it’s no big deal. A class that is completely integrated with a bunch of similar and different kids just playing music. They are all about the same age but at many different stages of development.

5 Likes

Man, these kids are amazing. That’s a lot of hard work and talent on display there. There is something unutterably creepy about Kashmir on a roomful of glockenspiels and xylophones that, especially coupled with that sudden synchronized set of smiles at the end, feels like Village of the Damned in a doll factory to me. In a good way.

Still, big thumbs-up to the kids! The brown-haired lad behind the Ducks fan definitely has a headbangin’ streak a mile wide in him.

2 Likes

according to their website-- http://www.louisvilleleopardpercussionists.com/ --they’re 7-12.

1 Like

Now I want to plan a giant party, just to see if I can hire them to play it. Bravo!

2 Likes

Awesome. There is quite possibly hope for humanity then!

1 Like

For whatever reason – the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title:

2 Likes

This made me incredibly happy.

I’m not sure which to post, so I’ll post both:

Randall Munroe, on the music my generation grew up to:

Köln Concert: Part IIc, on the marimba.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.