Chris Christie denounces "civil liberties extremists"

[Read the post]

Ah, more “Because 9/11”. I was beginning to miss hearing that phrase after Guiliani’s last press tour wrapped up.

8 Likes

Welcome to Governor Soprano.

3 Likes

“And there are going to be some who are going to come before you and are going to say, ‘Oh, no, no, no. This is not what the Founders intended,’” he said. “The Founders made sure that the first obligation of the American government was to protect the lives of the American people, and we can do this in a way that’s smart and cost-effective and protects civil liberties. But you know, you can’t enjoy your civil liberties if you’re in a coffin.”

Hah. Try this shit in one of the western provinces, Chris. You’re too fucking close to the birth of our nation for there to be any charm in your rube act.

17 Likes

“cost-effective” ??!

WTF?

To paraphrase… ‘those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little efficiency, deserve neither liberty nor efficiency’ and ‘give me efficiency or give me death!’

So … Christie was terrorised, and he doesn’t want to be terrorised again, so y’all can just suck it up.

That’s some prime-quality leadership, right there.

12 Likes

Patrick Henry: Give me liberty, or give me death!
Chris Christie: [Y]ou can’t enjoy your civil liberties if you’re in a coffin.

Sooo…they agree?

6 Likes

Ah, so Christie finally admits outright that he believes Americans aren’t cowardly enough.

Good for him. Maybe someone will send him some photos of his kids in class, and at soccer practices, and some recordings of his private phone conversations, and heck, maybe even some footage following him around all day. Then we’ll see how much he likes wiping his ass with the constitution.

10 Likes

Please, Fishman, do the world a favor and indict this menace to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

5 Likes

It’s always bad news when somebody bangs the 9/11 drum; but it’s always sort of pathetic when somebody who isn’t even a NY resident(or otherwise involved in some way) starts doing it.

FFS, you are the governor of New Jersey; y’know, that entirely different state? The one that didn’t have any big buildings of enough symbolic value to be worth hitting, and probably picked up a nontrivial number of back-office jobs because of the disruption of NY commercial real estate? And your story of trauma is that some kiddie baseball games got cancelled?

Somebody should supply a few NY first responders to punch him for that.

15 Likes

I guess extremists include Ben “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety” Franklin?

Yes, of course it would. Christie would have been a Tory.

8 Likes

Chris Christie speaks,

“during a Monday town hall meeting at a Veterans of Foreign Wars hall…”

Ah. Never waste a good opportunity to pander, apparently.

1 Like

New Jersey might not have impressive buildings, but they do have Mark Leyner.

What’re you going to do? Shoot me? Morons! There’d be riots in every major city of this country!

So he’ll be driving the Goldwater fans out of his party?

1 Like

Good thing the WWII vets are mostly dead, or else too old to kick his ass. Then Christie would be in sooooo much trouble.

You know, because every poisonous word out of his mouth in this instance is pretty much perfectly antithetical to what the WWII vets fought and died for.

13 Likes

No, no, no. Patrick Henry was misquoted. What he really said was: “Give me another season of American Idol or give me a mild rash.”

13 Likes

I agree, and it’s likely the hall was simply an open spot where Christie could brandish his towering views on civil liberties. I just don’t care much for the guy because his straight talk bullshit always strikes me as mini tyranny that’s too loud and incoherent.

3 Likes

Old Angry GOP~TE@B@GGER~Check List

Home stacked on bricks/wheels or BOTH - ✓

High flying Rebel & Don’t Tread On Me Flags - ✓

Backyard Bunker, Decorated with the Stars & Bars - ✓

Rather hug their GUNS than their own kids - ✓

Maxed out EBT Card on Emergency Food Supplies - ✓

Dating, engaged or married to PREGNANT sister - ✓

Flosses last remaining tooth - ✓

Hot Crack or Meth Pipe - ✓

Owns Duck Dynasty Gear - ✓

Member also of the KuKluxKlan - ✓

On Medicare but HATES Government Programs - ✓

Just found out Ted Cruz is on Obamacare - ✓

Hates America - (we shut it down) ✓

Hates Hispanics - (electrify the fence) ✓

Hates Jews - ✓

Hates Gays - (GOP gays stay in the closet) DOUBLE ✓

Hates Blacks - QUADRUPLE ✓

Doesn’t know Big Tobacco aka Koch Bro are their leaders ✓

Decidedly anti-science ✓

Believes the Universe was created 6,000 years ago ✓

Follows do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do evangelical preachers ✓

Believes the Democrats shut down the Government✓

Despise College Educations - ✓

High grade completion 5th - ✓

IQ close to but not to exceed 80 - ✓

Votes against own interest (explains the IQ) - ✓

GOP troll account on CNN, POLITICO, HP and TPM - ✓

Owns Fox News “Bengahzi Gear” Cap, T-Shirt and Bengahzi flip flops! - ✓

Request the Racist Package from DishNetwork/DirectTV - ✓

Watches Fux News Comedy Network 24/7 - ✓

Believes Bill O’reilly wife beater and hate monger is wonderful - ✓

Support 47 treasonous Anti-American cowards - ✓

Love and Kisses Papasan

1 Like

no worries, whether he realizes or not he’s really running for biggest asshole.

That’s another way of saying the oft repeated trope about how the constitution isn’t a suicide pact. Which is simply not true, it kinda was a suicide pact. The founders knew they were committing treason, and knew that they would likely lose their heads if they lost.

Christie, and those who feel the same, are cowards. I have never understood why someone soldiers going into battle are considered brave, while those who are willing to risk a potential increase in harm in order to have a free society, are not.

10 Likes

“And there are going to be some who are going to come before you and are going to say, ‘Oh, no, no, no. This is not what the Founders intended,’” he said. “The Founders made sure that the first obligation of the American government was to protect the lives of the American people…"

This issue can not be resolved properly without recourse to necromancy. Honesty, we should just wake the fuckers up and ask them what they would have done. What would the founding fathers do? WWJD? Just ask them, for gods’ sake.

Empiricism. It’s for everybody.

4 Likes