Comic-Con trailers: Ender's Game, Riddick, Kick-Ass 2, Spiderman 2

[Permalink]

Just a reminder, Orson Scott Card, author of Ender’s Game, thinks that gay people should be put in prison (not all of them, just the out ones, so the rest of them stay terrified and in the closet where they belong) and has called for violent revolution if the US government should legalize gay marriage.

It’s good to be aware of what your ticket money is supporting if you go to see the movie.

2 Likes

“The enemy’s gate is down”, you know what I’m sayin’?

I’ll probably see Spider-Man 2, not especially excited for it, but I’ll see it eventually.

Kick-Ass was kind of a guilty pleasure, so I’ll probably check out the sequel.

Ender’s Game I’ll be pirating eventually because I don’t want to financially support the author anymore, but even if I didn’t, I’m not encouraged… I mean, seriously, making Mazer Rackham a ^#!@!ing FIGHTER PILOT?

Never got into Riddick at all.

I love Riddick. I think I will be watching them all.

Crashing your fighter into the mothership has got to be a heck of a lot less survivable than the ship-to-ship battle in the books. I guess they couldn’t figure out how to make things look desperate enough without cribbing from Independence Day.

I wonder if they’re compressing the timeframe down. In the book it was 70 years since the Second Invasion and I’m not sure how long since the First Invasion. My guess based on that footage is they’re going to have the First Invasion be against basically our level of technology rather than taking place in space. Make Mazer Rackham the hero of that, then put him in command of the main space fleet for the Second Invasion rather than being in command of the reserve fleet like in the book. Normal movie compression of the story.

Or they might shrink it down to only one attack by the Buggers.

That scene with the crashed ship reminded me of the start of Wing Commander 3. This scene:

Independence Day

That’s exactly what I thought. That and a good bit of Solider.

These days it seems the previews of movies give away too much about the over-all movie. Something like this makes more sense…

If you go to the YouTube page, it automatically jumps you forward to all the other trailers. In most of them, the ending of the book is completely given away…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.