Compilation of silent music

[Permalink]

Reminds me of Philadeelia Soundscapers. (Too obscure?)

1 Like

You should see my collection od albums by Marcel Marceau!

1 Like

I remember I got a friend of mine an LP called something like “The Nothing Album” for his birthday. Same content as this record (two 22 minute-ish sides of silence), but with less of the high concept artist-statement bafflegab - the liner notes were more clearly a joke.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I seem to recall Current 93 had a silent track called Emptiness Itself.

1 Like

Here’s Erwin Schulhoff’s 1919 composition “In Futurum,” which has been recorded. It’s got silent goodness and cute musical typography. I suppose there’s some reason it’s not an ancestor of the smiley face in a couple of places.

In futurum by Kip W, on Flickr

1 Like

My parents have a copy of this LP. Silence followed by a minute of applause. Obvious intentional misspelling of the famous mime’s name.

http://www.kotzendes-einhorn.de/blog/2012-11/the-best-of-marcel-marceau-die-lp-eines-pantomimen/

1 Like

You know what’s better than silence? The opposite of silence.

Luchi - Falcor (turn up your bass)

Fuck Buttons - The Red Wing

1 Like

Came to say this but I see that…

I’m still at a loss as to why C F Peters isn’t suing the pants off of every major studio for their use of huge chunks from Cage’s opus every time there’s a quiet bit. This flagrant copyright theft’s so blatant it’s insulting.

Where’s Pootie Tang’s hit single?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.