Couture Cthulu

‘But doctor, you know and I know it’s actually a banana. Just look at it!’

5 Likes

My thought was ‘I see pimping’s been doing pretty good for old Babar.’

1 Like

I love this, the fabric, the use of pachys and the construction. I don’t care what it is, it’s glorious.

1 Like

Yeah, my first thought was Babar as well.

Though I would buy pretty much everything Alexander McQueen shows.

Yeah I’m with you, this makes me wish I were more fashionable. The contrasting textures and shades are gorgeous.

On me it would turn into a crumpled mess in 10 seconds flat.

1 Like

Fashion shows range from straight up off-the-rack consumer lines through what you said all the way to Art that makes no pretense toward being actual wearable clothing. The stuff that gets the most non-industry press tends to be towards the latter end of that spectrum.

I’m sure the editors of fashion magazines are sick and tired of looking at basically the same inexpensive dresses for the mass market. These avant garde shows are undoubtedly a bright spot for them.

If I may be permitted to make a car analogy, it’s like those Detroit Auto Show reviews that spend most of their time talking about the crazy concept cars that nobody will ever drive instead of the huge line of slightly worked over consumer models on display.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.