Creepy kids in vintage ads

[Permalink]

Creepy kids and vintage ads are two of my favorite things, and these examples demonstrate that when they come together the result is greater than the sum of its parts.

However my favorite vintage ad will always be this one, for its unbelievable sexism and stupidity.

3 Likes

The joy of eating YOUR SOUL.

4 Likes

Eating the GREEN BEANS’ souls. SPOOKY !

2 Likes

The non-creepy kids are worse - just imagine what they must be hiding!

went through a few pages without seeing the classic. I reckon it’s passé at this point, but it won’t stop me from posting it again

5 Likes

“Check out the Worhal in my pants.”

3 Likes

Note that the ad doesn’t actually explain why Jughead only got one hot dog and Bill two.

I’m guessing that Bill’s mom is shtupping the stock clerk at Bohack’s, who lets her “forget” her ration book every once in a while.

5 Likes

The kid eating baked beans in front of a starry sky is the most menacing. Like he knows something.

Something about the horrors lurking beyond the comforting light of the campfire.

Something he made a deal with.

4 Likes

A classic updated.

7 Likes

“Oh . . . hello, mother.”

“Nothing . . . just eating beans.”

“Why don’t you go back to bed.”

“And . . . leave that knife here.”

3 Likes

What is most creepy is how all the kids in this article and posted in this thread, are all Caucasians.

Only Caucasians are serial killers.

That’s a very astute observation. It may also have something to do with the fact that the only people depicted in any vintage ads are white. you see, society used to be a lot more racist back then. seriously, there’s been entire books written about it.

also, John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo.

2 Likes

Why did the word circumcision just pop up in my mind?

2 Likes

Did the “creepy kid” archetype not exist when these ads were made?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.