Darth Vader's Tie Fighter, life size

[Permalink]

oh no. Guys speaking german in imperial uniforms. Too real.

3 Likes

Now we know which aliens are in the arctic base.

I’m afraid a correction is due. That is not a TIE Fighter, it’s a TIE Advanced. Specifically, in A New Hope, Darth Vader flew a prototype known as the TIE Advanced X1. The regular TIE Fighter can be easily distinguished by its flat, hexagonal solar panels (the two “wings”), while the TIE Advanced pictured has convex three-part panels.

1 Like

Not just any sort of Germans, but Hessians to boot! Maybe Darth Vader’s forefathers fought against General Washington at Valley Forge?

Uh, Vader’s descendants. It was “A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away”

Ah man, I was hoping that they’d outrigged a cockpit to boot. It looks like all of their hard work was on the exterior of the model. The interior is noting but a seat, a plank, and what looks like two speakers.

Darth Wader?

1 Like

The guy says that they plan to have the interior finished by July 26th in time to take it to a big Star Wars con… My German is a little rusty, but I think I understood that right.

I was referring to Joachim Pasquay, the guy in the Darth Vader costume who is a police pilot in real life. :smile_cat:

If I bring them the head of Jar Jar Binks…can I sit in it?

What a raumschiff!

It doesn’t look like someone the size of “the real” Vader will fit comfortably inside that cockpit.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.