Disney Comic from 1960 shows what a radical man-hating feminist Daisy Duck was

[Read the post]

1 Like

Why is she missing a shoe in some panels?

She’s a duck. Why’s she wearing any?

5 Likes

I can’t decide whether I want to see the rest of the comic. I hope it will end with Donald admitting that Daisy is right and that the world should be more balanced, but I have a feeling I’ll be disappointed.

3 Likes

It’s with her pants.

2 Likes

It’s really about ethics in game journalism.

6 Likes

So, she knows how to read Donald Duck?

It’s buried in male duckbutt.

5 Likes

One of the first MAD Magazine issues I ever read had a bit about “What happens when other cartoons follow the Doonesbury model.”

In one Donald is ranting about the lack of respect he receives and asks, as I recall, “Why is my intellect not compared to that of Plato or Aristotle?”

Daisy replies, “They weren’t bare-assed ducks in sailor suits.”

MAD got extra credit for the risque use of “ass”.

4 Likes

I see, you think she’s supposed to walk around naked to fulfill your male sexual desires. Typical.

5 Likes

Daisy Duck had her own comic book title in Brazil in the 80s and 90s. I remember many stories had an actual no-BS feminism-friendly slant in questioning gender roles and dealing with issues like independent, competent, adventurous womanhood.

Here’s an honest-to-goodness academic paper on this (Portuguese only, sorry).

2 Likes

1 Like

I hear that going barefoot whenever possible is a good way to build up arch strength for those with flat feet.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.