DIY Underlit LED Skirt

[Read the post]

I blame Instagram… Lookit my thigh gap.

4 Likes

She’s very good at drawing attention to various parts of her body, for what that’s worth. Lucky for her (I guess?) that she has the kind of conventionally attractive appearance that already attracts the heterosexual male gaze.

Could you express more contempt with only text?

I would be curious to see the frilly one that is only suitable for Japanese people and little girls. I’m imagining some really weird cosplay possibilities.

8 Likes

I’d be curious to see pictures of it with the LEDs off. With them on, it certainly looks insanely short (not that I have any problem with that), so I’m interested to see what her definition of “passed for normal” is.

Maybe it is part of getting old and cranky but does that skirt seem umm short, like don’t bend over, ever short? Otherwise pretty cool and neat.

1 Like

You’re assuming she gives a shit who sees what when she bends over. Exhibitionists tend to confuse people who arent.

4 Likes

Could you read more into what I wrote with only one rhetorical question?

What I feel is closer to sympathy than contempt. I gather your mileage varies.

Ah yes, that poor poor attractive woman. She must be delusional about her victimhood.

1 Like

Yea, I didn’t look too deeply, but I got the impression she’s pretty comfortable with the way she looks. I don’t think that’s a bad thing, deserving of sympathy. But I suppose I would think that, being male.

2 Likes

Yar, judging by her other pics up there, attracting attention is kind of A Thing for her. I can empathize - I do it in my own way, too. :slight_smile: Regardless, I like where she’s going with this project.

Mad props, cyborg-lady. You get high fives from me and lets have some waffles some time.

6 Likes

Kind of brings new meaning to the word flashlight, eh?

2 Likes

Thanks for the sideways acknowledgement that I may have been expressing something other than contempt.

1 Like

She’s got a distinctive, deliberate appearance that she’s clearly worked hard on and wants to show off. Her LED skirt project seems to be connected to that - something that can get people to look and go “wow” and ask more questions about.

'sides, can’t be much harder than talking taxes with a man with elaborate tattoos or discussing cell phone plans with cosplayers or trying to take guys in expensive suits seriously (that last one I especially struggle with because hahahahaha what are you even doing). But they’ve usually got more interesting stuff between their ears than on their bodies - they needed the first to get the second, after all!

3 Likes

Mod note: Stay on topic.

3 Likes

Will do, Falcor. Thanks for not deleting all of it this time. :blush:

1 Like

Haven’t folks been doing this sort of work, albeit in a far more exaggerated fashion, at Burning Man for quite some time? The battery pack the OP is wearing looks somewhat unwieldy, although I haven’t the faintest idea how much power is necessary for that setup. Doesn’t detract from the quality of the work shown above, of course.

1 Like

That’s what the LEDS are for. To give the illusion that it’s a more conventional length.

1 Like

17 Likes