Did you ever want to play questions?

Isn’t this how y’all pictured me, anyway?

1 Like

Don’t I look like this?

Wait, some mornings arent I more like this?

Crap, that’s what I forgot, I am only 40+ through the AFI list–anyone got some corn for popping I could borrow?

Similar to the fantastic book threads, should I make a movie thread/game? On the list I am working from there are only ~160 or so films, so a 400 hour commitment?

Or you could let @monkeyoh and myself curate for some actual quality films and some not so quality but fun films?

2 Likes

Could you just post to this thread for that kind of thing?

2 Likes

Oh shit, don’t we need to hit 10k before WoW!?

1 Like

Okay whole I understand the general displeasure with the AFI, didn’t it force me to watch movies I never would have but enjoyed?

(Oh, lawrence of Arabia, haven’t I put that off too long? HOLY SHIT, why isn’t this my real life theme movie?)

(And gone with the wind? Will I ever trust horses again?)

It was a list, with all good content, that does not mean you have to like every film on it… besides shouldn’t you be open to foreign films which will not be on that list?
Have you seen Mon Oncle and Playtime? Don’t those look like wonderful fun?

2 Likes

The trailer for Mon oncle, may, just may, make me put on grapelli and grisman, and possibly have a glass of wine?

2 Likes

You have wee ones? Mon Oncle is definitely one to show them… expose them to great cinema early, There are lots of great silent shorts on archive.org may I suggest one of my favorites Keaton’s The Boat? Though MrsTobinL would suggest Chaplin so maybe The Adventurer?

2 Likes

Not… Yet?

(16 years of marriage, and I’m still afraid? How hard could they be?)

1 Like

Impossible? and easy peasy? at the same time?

3 Likes

Nothing to it, right?

First, a mommy and a daddy who love each other very much, they, uh, you know, mmmmm, and then nine months later… Poof! A babby!

5 Likes

Dontcha think at this point cutting edge arduino development should more or less cover their needs for the next eighteen years?

Why not go on a weekday afternoon, when the movie has been in theaters for a while? Don’t you usually get the place to yourself?

5 Likes

Do you think she’ll watch another episode after those plastic things with Ecclestone?

3 Likes

Wait, Dr. Who is about the Blues Brothers?

3 Likes

5 Likes

Who’s birthday did I forget this last week? Will this make up for it?

4 Likes