Did you ever want to play questions?

The fucking statue-ghost can speak? He can sing!?

Okayokayokay… I will post this in one of my cooking threads,but can I get an opinion?

My wife and I are building (she is building) a grape arbor for a monster of a grape, and she asks, “do you think these huge grape leaves would be good as a tamale covering?”

Then we rapid fire went down the list–sweet masa and quinoa, kufta with raisins, bread pudding etc.–so is this unmined territory or has it been done?

(Fuck, kufta in grape leaves, egullet 2009)

Okay, how bout this?

Grilled figs and alomonds, steamed white fish in grape leaves with dill and horseradish, sauteed/grilled kufta with raisins in grape leaves served with mint yogurt then caramel bread pudding in grape steamed over a cherry wood fire?

Does every piece of Ikea furniture have either:

• a missing part or
  • a hole that’s slightly too wide for its bolt/screw or
  • a piece of hardware that’s defective
    ?
2 Likes

No…?

But don’t they work infinitely better if you set their screws and joints with wood glue as well? And isn’t Malm a hell of a deal?

(Took 37 years, and now no Ikea furniture :D)

You’re seriously asking me this, while I’m eating leftover frozen pizza reheated in the microwave?

2 Likes
  • a ghost?
1 Like

Did you know that Malm is the actual surname of my carpenter? (means ore or rock)

1 Like

How does one get a user card badge? Isn’t my also say none?

1 Like

3 Likes

Can you Make My Day even moar!? (Shagged by a rate parrot indeed!)

1 Like

Why would grape leaves be any better than corn husks? Wouldn’t they be better put to use in something like dolma where you would actually taste them?

Don’t questions from others lead to more of your own?

Do questions ever lead anywhere?

1 Like

While sometimes there are answers, isn’t it more about the journey?

…cause i have 20k grape leaves and no corn husks? (plus plantain leaves works awesome for tamales as well, which is what got us thinkin’… maybe?)

Well then, tamales it is? Shouldn’t they work fine?

1 Like

Would grape-leaf tamales freeze as well as corn husk tamales do?

How did a guy who gave himself a voluntary time-out for quite a bit still manage to hit “regular” status before most of us riff-raff?

5 Likes

Do you have any idea how slow I read?

1 Like

Might they be a bit of an issue upon reheating? Isn’t the fibrous corn husk ideal for steaming?

1 Like