Did you ever want to play questions?

Have you ever heard that the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step?

2 Likes

Are you certain your dog is unable to swim enough to fetch balls in the water?

Did you know that they make life preservers for dogs which make swimming even safer?

2 Likes

Holy Diver, I am at ground zero for that quake!?

1 Like

You sure it wasn’t some kids with M80s?
(seriously, it is good that everything is still intact)

4 Likes

Maybe I should start a musical instrument thread?

(Basics are it is played with a mouthpiece similar to trumpets and has an exaggerated conical which creates a standing wave of one node and two antinodes, unlike cylindrical or gently tapered bores. Don’t even ask about reverse bores or English horns. The curve of the bore is for aesthetics and mechanical operation.

If you notice his intonation wavers quite a bit, since unlike trumpets which use an equivalent of seven long lengths and arpeggiate via overtones, you have a much shorter cone which makes keeping the standing wave viable hellishly difficult.

Fipple flutes, and well flutes, get away with this due to an effective (if not entirely true) cylindrical bore plus an ‘open tube’ sound generation device.)

Some day can I retire and grow tomatoes while making period instruments?

2 Likes

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/uw61037147#general_summary

2 Likes

Only 4.2? people notice that?
(and you beat me to that link by mere seconds)

I know, right? I’ve been through 5+, and wasn’t this the most violent and loud one I’ve felt? (I seriously thought it was a huuuge explosion or a car hit the house)

2 Likes

Maybe it was everyone running over for the free weed?

4 Likes

Wouldn’t 4.2 when you’re at the epicenter register more strongly than a 6.2 from 200 miles away?

Actually, since Richter scale is logarithmic, maybe you’d have to be further from a 6.2 to equal a 4.2 at the epicenter…what do I know?

2 Likes

Aren’t you already forcibly retired, growing tomatoes, and crafting instruments? :wink:

4 Likes

Why doesn’t it look like ice cream?

2 Likes

Is it bad of me to visit Canada on America Day?

4 Likes

Only if you’re part of a robot invasion force? (Because that would be rude.)

1 Like

Did you visit the U.S. on Canada Day?

3 Likes

When should we visit Independence, IA?

2 Likes

Phew, who knew building a simple 7.5 foot tall (36 meters for the heathens) in triple digit weather would be so tiring? (Pics coming soon)

Oh, and that it is annoying when the co designer draws a plan, then figures you’ll mentally change it cause of an image she saw on Google last night but didn’t change the plan so you worked to the plan and she said I was the crazy one?

Wait, what the hell did I just say?

(Always document first, implement later kids.)

Now how am I gonna train cthulu grape to climb up it this year?

7.5 ft is 36 metres? Are you sure about that?

(or is a meter a different measurement from a metre?)

Aren’t I being 100% truthful with that conversion? Or would you prefer it in Kelvin?