Did you ever want to play questions?

Was this one of yours?

4 Likes

Why do I get the feeling this guy is your best friend?

5 Likes

Isn’t it embarrassing when you try to do something good, then end up screwing up something else?

5 Likes

Regarding the like/reply change, can we have instead a ratio of likes over replies? So instead of 12 likes and 5 replies, you get a 2.4?

1 Like

If I give it a 9? If I give it a…

?

Happy Independence day? (Hope you are all okay!!!)

1 Like

You didn’t think it was some guys fireworks hoard exploding?

1 Like

Well MrsTobinL is Canadian and we did stuff in America on Canada Day, so I guess that makes it a fair trade?
(I scored at used book trawling so it was a good trip)

2 Likes

My cats are doing fine, but our dog has become sensitive the last few years and isn’t loving tonight–can I admit her new nickname is Nanny Dog?

Maybe that was where your internet-gif-legend title came from?

I’m assuming Rob altered your profile in some way to add that honorific, although, it’s obviously gone now… who else could we ask?

Also, shouldn’t we organise a game or some kind of election to bestow user card badges on worthy commenters?

Wouldn’t I first nominate @othermichael for his services to gamedom? Probably something we can all agree on?

Waitaminute, who were we going to send to the boingboing-super-awesome-convention? Shouldn’t they get a badge? Also @japhroaig for creating the scholarship? Would ‘Endowment Bequeather’ suffice? Or perhaps ‘Chef’?

4 Likes

O crap, did I forget about creating the nominating game? Didn’t that makes my stomach hurt?

3 Likes

Has anyone ever given @japhroaig a hole in the ground? Couldn’t we then say he was well-endowed?

3 Likes

Shouldn’t I check on that? Didn’t I get one email and no follow-up?

1 Like

Quick story then the question: I came home early last night from a group of revelers at 9:45 or so, already being “funned out”; so I hear this morning from my wife (who has a giant glass of water and a clutch of aspirin) that they ended up at a club of ill repute at 1:30am–to which I ask, " was it the super, super shitty looking strip club down the way that we always make fun of?". “…yes”.

“Was it filled with the disappointment, angst, bitterness, loneliness, and cotton candy scented body spray that we talked about?”. “… Yes…”

And isn’t there only one thing I can really say (besides thank dog I came home early)?

4 Likes

Would Magister Ludi (Herman Hesse, The Glass Bead Game in English) work?

1 Like

How did she know where they ended up? She wasn’t part of that wayward crowd herself, was she?

Perhaps the answer lies in the question: was the aspirin for her, or you?

Heh, neither of us are wild or rowdy, but have I mentioned I am the one that goes to bed early, and she is the one with the aspirin?

(And my chain of not being suckered into one of those places by well meaning but drunk friends remains unbrocken for double digit years?)

2 Likes

Who’s coming over for waffles?

4 Likes

Who’s the best? (you are!)

5 Likes

This is one of those winter-spring marriages isn’t it, old man?

1 Like