Did you ever want to play questions?

You’re going to rent it to… grow grapes? Host your own sub-rosa black-hat DNS-DDOS extortion service bureau? Nouveau Oregonian Culinary school?

Did you have grocery-store sushi for dinner last night? (Asking for a friend)

Anybody else working-from-home today, after a night of toddler-up-all-nightis?

1 Like

Anyone want to ask me how France was?

1 Like

East of here?

How was it?

Francy, is that a word? A lot older than I had thought it would be. Also, Giverny is beautifulest, everyone should go.

2 Likes

Is Giverny better than Paris?

Did you go to France recently, or do you enjoy random questions?

1 Like

Have you not been? If you’re the most famous painter in France and can live anywhere, where would you go?

Still amazeballs. Paris was nice, but in the end just a lot more of old buildings overly decorated and less beautiful spaces.

4 Likes

Isn’t my experience of France limited to a Paris day trip in the middle of my last London visit? Wouldn’t I love to visit the rest of the country? May I thank you for sharing and making me just a little jealous?

1 Like

How much patience do you have with Parisians? And filth?

Giverny is a beautiful day: take a train from Paris, catch the shuttle bus waiting by the arrival station, spend the day amongst acres of flowers (and a few well-maintained old homes as backdrop). You won’t be able to stop taking photos, even though you know millions of photos have already been taken of these same flowers. You’ll realize that’s why Monet kept painting them, too. You walk through the gardens until the vista opens up on a lily pond with a small wooden bridge and all of the children traveling with you gasp and say they recognize it: it’s been painted so lovingly by Monet under every light condition for years, and every museum they’ve ever been to has at least one painting of this pond. CHILDREN recognize a pond in a foreign country…what more is there to say?

3 Likes

You didn’t plan your trip to coincide with the TdF? An opportunity missed?

Anyone else dealing with every single major person in their life having a dying relative right now? (Literally, we can’t help each other because we’re all at the end of our own ropes.)

4 Likes

Didn’t I experience the quintessential snooty cafe waiter that day in Paris?
But didn’t I also spend the day in the Louvre, gazing at beautiful art?

1 Like

Left over Spaghetti bolognese, which doesn’t spagbol leftocers get better every day?

1 Like

Have you been to the Louvre lately? Now, instead of viewing art, isn’t this what you see instead?

(edited to add: actually, at least half of the “cameras” are now tablets of some type instead, so the blockage is significantly worse.)

1 Like

No selfie sticks?

Oh? Don’t we have left over crumbs from our cornbread we made this weekend? Won’t I use that to make some chicken and then won’t a make some waffles of my own to have chicken and waffles for dinner?

Don’t these look tasty though?

1 Like

Wasn’t that my husband’s and daughter’s experience in DC recently? They had to look at the back of a bunch of iphones and tablets while I hunted in the archives? Weren’t they annoyed about the mediation of experiences going on around them?

2 Likes

Are you going to borrow it so we can all come for a party?

3 Likes

I haven’t been there since the proliferation of those monstrosities, so how would I know?

You didn’t miss me being gone for a week?

2 Likes