Did you ever want to play questions?

Did I forget to wish every one of you (furriners included) a happy thanksgiving?

Well, happy thanksgiving, yo. Enjoy your Friday, wherever you may be.

10 Likes

You too. You are a rockā€¦ Or a Banana?

#BananaRock!?

3 Likes

Was that you having a new recipe insight or another slash fiction idea?

3 Likes

Why not both? Wait. Uh oh.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what I get for posting with insomniaā€¦ Shouldnt bananaRock be in the Band Name thread?!

3 Likes

Why not ALLLLLLL THE THREADS?

4 Likes

#RRAAAAAAAAAWWWWRRRR!!!

Wait, what?

5 Likes

Is Ridley Scott going to get a decent writer for this one?

Ugh - doesnā€™t it appear to be Lindelof again, so isnā€™t that a big fat no?
Google-fu failing me?

2 Likes

Am I the only one that liked Prometheus?

2 Likes

You didnā€™t think it was an awful pile of dreck from beginning to end?

1 Like

Was I supposed to?

1 Like

Nopeā€¦ the hate train on that one wasā€¦ isā€¦ interesting?

2 Likes

You were able to get past everyone being incompetent morons?

Didnā€™t I quite like the mapping drones, but that was about it, apart from Idris Elba?

2 Likes

You mean like a bunch of seasoned spacers forgoing decontamination procedures and then running around a giant ship with no weapons looking for god knows what in the dark?

3 Likes

Actually, didnā€™t Mrs daneel quite like Prometheus, but then she hadnā€™t seen any of the Alien films before?
(and when she did, didnā€™t she think they were just more of the same?)

Isnā€™t this delaying Neil Blomkampā€™s sequel further?

Do we really need more franchise films?

Is anyone buying the Ripley watch?

http://nerdist.com/seiko-is-releasing-ripleys-watch-from-aliens/

As far as Scott goes, hasnā€™t Mark Kermode been making some odd comments about how his best films are the ones where heā€™s had really strong scripts - wouldnā€™t that generally be the case?

Isnā€™t anything better than him making more sword and sandal epics?

2 Likes

Maybe I didnā€™t expect as much from it as you did?
Its a space movie with aliens and robots and goo, it was fun, I liked it, I didnā€™t expect much so I was pleased with what I got! And Iā€™ve seen all the Alien movies several times, my favourite is #3 - which is also apparently an issue?

2 Likes

Donā€™t I like 3, despite (because?) of its flaws? (Paul McGann, too, for @japhroaig?) Didnā€™t I like the attempt to get back to the creature feature feel of the original? Did you ever read the William Gibson screenplay?

How about the AvP films?

3 Likes

Methinks a certain Mr. Scott might be a little miffed that some upstart was planning on stealing all the glory?

To be fair, I wouldnā€™t run run away from a falling tower into the footprint it was collapsing intoā€¦ did you see the video explaining all the questions people tend to ask? I think maybe Ridley was counting on a large percentage of the audience having watched and interacted with all the preamble advertising mediaā€¦ which was probably a mistake? And going by the out-takes, it kinda does seem like he could have included a tiny little bit more exposition concerning the crewā€™s motivations?

Anyway, wasnā€™t I able to suspend my disbelief? Am I perhaps a little obsessed with the franchise? Does that make me a biased observer? :smile:

1 Like

LOL, whatā€™s happening? Am I not also the purveyor of such a sacrilegious opinion? Donā€™t people tend to look at me funny when I admit this to them?

1 Like

Must I? (Is this not a thing anymore?)

7 Likes