Dog happy to see her human companion return after a six-month absence

[Permalink]

If thatā€™s not evidence that animals can ā€œloveā€ then I donā€™t know what is. Very very touching.

8 Likes

My dog would have just peeā€™d all over me. I guess thatā€™s love of some sort.

4 Likes

Ah man, thatā€™s cute.

When we go out for even half an hour, our little dachshund makes a sound like weā€™re in the middle of torturing her, itā€™s freaky as hell. Because sheā€™s actually quite visibly excited to see us, jumping around and licking and all that, but the whining and wailingā€¦ we find it very cute, but Iā€™m quite sure our neighbours think weā€™re gutting her.

ā€¦ and sheā€™s going to tell you all about it.

3 Likes

[Roughly Translated]: I thought Iā€™d never see you again! Ever ever ever!

4 Likes

Iā€™m currently dogsitting my parentsā€™ 15 year old lab for a week while they are away. Iā€™m also using a truck of theirs for some yard work. Every time I pull into the driveway with the truck she absolutely breaks down - the same kind of yelping and agonized ā€˜where have you been?ā€™. It breaks my heart to tell her itā€™s just me, enough do that Iā€™ve started parking the truck down the street a little.

4 Likes

I am so grateful my cat doesnā€™t do this.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s probably even worse they can hear the truck a mile away. Now, theyā€™re wondering why their owners have abandoned them and moved a few blocks away and left them alone.

1 Like

ā€œWeā€™ll eat you up we love you so!ā€

2 Likes

Well, sheā€™s 15 and fairly deaf at this point, so just the lack of visual is enough.

When I returned once after a long absence, my cat looked at me and walked over to where my cds (NOT my housemateā€™s cd) were and, looking at me the entire time, squatted and peed on them.

If thatā€™s not evidence animals can be vindictive jerks, then I donā€™t know what is.

(We made up shortly after incident, though.)

16 Likes

STOP CHOPPING ONIONS IN BOINGBOING!!! I am NOT crying!

6 Likes

Youā€™re lucky she didnā€™t find your shoes.

This dog definitely said ā€œI love youā€, well, ā€œI wuw wooā€ to be precise, but he got the point across.

2 Likes

ā€œYouā€™re back!.. Youā€™re back!ā€ @0:28

ā€œI love you!.. I love you!ā€ @0:53, @1:32

[Did you miss me?] ā€œYeesssss!ā€ @1:04

2 Likes

Good ear! I wonder if there are say, videos of people returning to their dogs in France after a long absence and if it is possible to hear some semblance of the language in the dogsā€™ exuberant greetings.

Or just ā€œHey! Hey!ā€

With meaningful intonations.

OK, Iā€™ll admit it: Iā€™m such a sap sucker for these videos. They always make me tear up.

2 Likes

Donā€™t apologize for your empathy. the world would be a much better place if more people shared that trait.