Dogs poop in line with Earth's magnetic field

[Permalink]

Well, maybe it really is as they say…“It’s all connected”.

It’s awesome not only do they claim a ton of first discoveries they also explain why the results can not be replicated. It’s like the opposite of science.

It is for the first time that (a) magnetic sensitivity was proved in dogs, (b) a measurable, predictable behavioral reaction upon natural MF fluctuations could be unambiguously proven in a mammal, and © high sensitivity to small changes in polarity, rather than in intensity, of MF was identified as biologically meaningful. Our findings open new horizons in magnetoreception research. Since the MF is calm in only about 20 % of the daylight period, our findings might provide an explanation why many magnetoreception experiments were hardly replicable and why directional values of records in diverse observations are frequently compromised by scatter.

3 Likes

Frontiers in Zoology alright.

1 Like

Sure, dogs have Global Pooping Synchronization (GPS)

2 Likes

Dogs also can’t look up.
Big Al says so.

1 Like

Hey, first penises and now poop, you are taking over Maggie’s domain! I will not have this.

1 Like

But they opened teh new horizons!

The dog I walk, not mine, poops while aligned with whatever road we are walking on when she finds the right spot, based on who/when previously pooped/peed in/near that spot.

But my sample is way too small & I took no MF metric reading at all. Fucking 20 below last night.

1 Like

Fido shui.

WooHoo! IgNobels we have a winner!

2 Likes

So… either they have discovered a metric ton of amazing science or they are full of a metric ton of (magnetic aligned) shit?

I will put my money and my doggy poopy bag in the second one.

Apparently, Tomcat crash logs also preferentially align with Earth’s magnetic field.

I call DS. My two dogs align themselves randomly and I submit as evidence 10 years of taking them outside.

Dung shui.

6 Likes

Ha ha! Even better!

1 Like

Our dog is another exception to this supposed preference. If anything, he seems to prefer facing away from the sun.

Supposedly arctic foxes hunting mice and other small rodents beneath snow cover are only statistically successful when facing north, but I heard that in a single documentary and have never seen any other mention of it.

I also poop in line with the Earth’s magnetic field, it’s just a random squiggly line.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s true, but they are not using the earths magnetic field to align north.

All these years I thought it was squat and drop. I wonder if the scientists were high fiving each other when they discovered this?

Oh, bra-vo

1 Like