Drawstring travel-pouch that opens to lay flat

[Permalink]

I love it! $30? I’ll make some.

Seems perfect for a photographer’s bag of crap, mine anyway :slight_smile:

A lying sac of kit.

9 Likes

There are travel jewelry bags like this, for less than $30.

Reminds me of so many dice bags I have had for tabletop gaming.

1 Like

These have been around for a long time, at many different sizes and price points.

Google “lego draw string bag” for more examples than you probably need.

I haven’t tried these yet, but I am intrigued by these - made by a company called PurseN (www.pursen.net).

If you’re planning on traveling with that much jewelry… :wink:

That’s what I was thinking. I could probably knock a couple of these out if I had a free day. Inserting the zippered pocket seems like the most time-consuming part.

Here’s an example of what I was thinking about:

Drawstring travel bag for jewelry

I would get one of these but the first time I open it, the toothpaste will have glued the broken mirror pieces into artery slicing death, piercing the deodorant can to soak the bag and fill it with a cloud of intoxicating vapour which will cause me to fall into unconsciousness onto the shards.
Nice try, drawstring travel pouch!

1 Like

Shouldn’t the makers of Crown Royal be calling prior art on this bad boy?

3 Likes

My mom is like a total jewelry whore so i was looking into it as a gift item for her - but thought it was just too practical for a gift. Still, it interests me; seems like a clever design.

In fact, my travel-bag-of-choice for small items for many years!

2 Likes

It’s practical and pretty…include William Morris’ quote on the card and you’re good to go!

“Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”

1 Like

Righto - seems like it needs some pockets to hold stuff to the cloth.

That’s really pretty.

Amazon and Etsy have a lot of choices, and I know The Container Store carries the Baggallini line of jewelry pouches (more practical fabric than silk).

1 Like

I don’t stay in hotels that have big flat clean dry surfaces for this. More power to you if you do.

and @chgoliz

if only they actually did open all the way up and lie flat, that would be even more awesome. love me some Crown Royal bags.

Trivia: Goodie Mob called CR bags “goodie bags” and named themselves after them. they kept… uh… goodies in them. (Goodie Mob is a great rap group, best known as where Cee-Lo got his start and for coining the phrase “the Dirty South”)

2 Likes