Dubstep cat video

Dude’s gotta sleep sometime. Just sayin’.

What drugs do you have give to a cat to make him put up with that shite?

Ketamine, probably. Same as humans.

1 Like

A large part of it is picking the right cat.

Some cats and cat-owners roughhouse more than others. I wrestle a bit with one of my cats – he understands it’s a game, and he knows that I know when he’s had enough teasing. And I fairly often pick up either of them with a move that involves a complete 360-degree head-over-heels spin. Part of the trick is developing the game gradually over time – just as you would with a kid; you don’t grab a kid off the street and do the toss-into-the-air thing or similar, but with your own kid the two of you have time to work out that it is a safe game.

And some cats are more patient than others, or more willing to do things for approval rather than food reward. Which also takes time. I had a cat I could do just about anything with, partly because we’d been together so long and partly because I deliberately got her used to being manhandled a bit so I could administer grooming or medical treatment without so much objection. Even now I deliberately handle the kids’ paws on a regular basis so they aren’t quite so annoyed when I need to trim claws, and turn them at odd angles occasionally so when I need to examine them they don’t immediately say “this is weird” and want to run off.

And some cat owners are willing to bribe the cat with treats to get them to play this sort of game.

I don’t think my cats would have been willing to make this video. But I’m not surprised that someone had a cat who would tolerate it – at least for a while; I presume the video cuts off at the point where the cat said “Enough” and kicked off or tried to nip.

And all it takes is one cat and a few minutes to create a viral video.

I don’t think cats’ arms are supposed to bend back that far; I doubt one could show you its armspan if it tried.

This is hideous. Cat’s front leg tendons aren’t meant to stretch repeatedly in awkward directions. I am sure it hurt it. If an animal is being dominated by a larger animal it will become passive even when its being hurt. Fuuuuuck humans. Worst animals.

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. It is abusive so some one can pretend to be clever. Disgusting and immoral.

Anyone that thinks this is unforgivable ‘cruelty’ has not known many (if any) cats. I just had a little dance party with my buddy Buzz Catborn while listening to the classic “I’m a Kitty Cat” song. He’s a floppy love-bug sort of cat, and puts up with such things. When we were done, he moved off about 4 feet from me, and is sitting on the floor in a relaxed manner. No, I won’t surmise that he enjoys being a puppet, but he’s far from traumatized or abused.
Of course, there are plenty of cats that would not comply with this. But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t ANY cats that would tolerate it.

1 Like

So, you’re a veterinarian?

My cat regularly stretches his arms rather like that… while flying from a shelf at me or running at me on his hind legs like some kind of crazy Jesus lizard. He also splays his legs out similarly while he lays on the floor if he’s getting bored with whatever toy or possession of mine he’s been tearing to pieces. If he were in the right mood he could be this tolerant, when he’s relaxed he basically passes out in my arms. It’s cute, but if I took a picture people would seriously assume he was drugged. This get is getting irritated toward the end. He looks a lot less irritated than mine does when I’m cleaning his teeth though. Seems like if your theory was correct (animal being frightened into submission) you’d see the cat going the opposite way in behavior. he’d become more cooperative and docile as he’s being dominated or going into shock. Instead the cat seems to have no trouble indicating the point when it becomes irritated, and it doesn’t seem like this game could have gone on much longer before the cat would start to put those hind legs to use or begin nipping at the man’s fingers. Towards the end, the ears flatten, he licks his nose… that’s not a cat that is giving in but rather a cat which has been provoked enough to become aggressive. It seems to be the rapid movements, rather than the stretching, that irritates the cat. This makes sense as it’s actually probably not that painful to extend the arms if you aren’t using force to pull them away from the body. The man seems to be using the cat’s reflex motion to extend the them rather than pulling on them (holding a cat like this but without supporting the body would definitely hurt it). I’m not sure why people think their arms don’t extend that direction. Cats don’t have shoulders like ours so they are able to totally flatten their bodies. For this reason, unless the cat is jerked or pulled, they shouldn’t have trouble with that position. Just out of curiosity I reached over to my cat, who is sleeping conveniently next to my arm here. It’s pretty easy to extend his arms by massaging the muscle gently, and he seems not to mind it very much. In fact, he responded by lolling his head onto my chest and then sitting down in my lap for continued napping when I dropped his arms. When I had them out in what I usually call his “facehugger position” since that’s the direction it typically goes with him, he actually gave me a nose bump which he usually only does as a sign of intimacy/affection. I’m not going to try moving his arms rapidly though, because I don’t want to get bitten by my cat.

2 Likes

After all that stress, the cat went to Thailand for a massage:

2 Likes

Seriously, I credit practicing on my cats with teaching me how to massage humans, and practicing on humans with teaching me how to massage cats.

Now if I could just convince my girl-cat to kneed my shoulders rather than my belly.

Actually, what they don’t have is a collarbone. The shoulder blades float free.

Which is one reason a cat that isn’t badly overweight can generally get its whole body through any opening it can get its head through. Houdini and his dislocating shoulder ain’t got nothin’ on these kids.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.