Eric the bird is a "fucking legend" and the dog is a "fucking cunt," so he says

[Read the post]

1 Like

“Are all your pets called Eric?”
“There’s nothing so odd about that. Kemal Ataturk had an entire menagerie called Abdul!”

8 Likes

Lester is not worth the trouble he causes.

1 Like

“How did you know my name is Eric?”

3 Likes

“No no no, my bird’s name is Eric. He’s a cunt.”
“A what?”
“He is. An. Cunt.”

4 Likes

All my pets used to be named Captain: Captain the cat. Captain the rabbit, Captain the bird, Captain the hermit crab… (Named after Captain Kangaroo).

6 Likes

Oh, good lord, the owner is dumber than the animals. She not only thinks the bird understands the sounds it’s making, she hasn’t a clue how to hold a phone to shoot video. I feel sorry for the animals.

4 Likes

This shrill woman is doing no good for challenging Australian stereotypes. That vegemite cover over the couch is the icing on the cake. Does she really think the bird understands her? Maybe she thinks it both speaks and understands English.

3 Likes

My spouse and I came out of the reptile house and found a caged parrot right next to the door. “Hello!” said the parrot. We thought this was cute and tried to get it to say that again. Then the door opened and an octogenarian couple came out.

“Oh shit!” said the parrot. “Holy fucking shit!”

Best day at the zoo ever. Forget Eric, That bird was the fucking legend.

7 Likes

Australia.gif

3 Likes

Today I saw a bird declare itself a legend. It’s like the kind of thing legends are made of. And now I want a cracker.

No, what the bird says is: Fucking cunt, fucking hell, get out, stupid.

1 Like

To some degree it does speak and understand English. It’s not just mimicry that these birds are performing (though mimicry is certainly part of what’s going on). I’ve seen birds use words in the correct context personally, i.e. greetings and farewells. There’s research to back this stuff up as well. The fact that birds don’t have big brains isn’t an impediment to some degree of language acquisition, just look at dogs - not the smartest of animals in general - but the most skilled in human communication aside from ourselves, and all after only ten thousand years or so of evolution.

1 Like

I saw a cracker declare itself a legend. A poor, white cracker. Then I ate it. Now the legend lives within me.

Fantastic Share

It needs to be understood that swearing in Oz comes in degrees. Clearly this corrella hasn’t had the benefit of a good education so allow TISM to define the subtle differences of swearing. Personally, I think this corrella is out of order and has overstepped the mark. But maybe this is a class issue - I’m not condemning it. I didn’t have the same upbringing as it did.

2 Likes

There’s a court clerk in Kentucky that needs to meet that bird.

It’s all fun and games until the owners die and their cussin’ parrot (with an average life span of 40 to 60 years) can’t find a new home…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.