Everything on the internet is blue

[Permalink]

Blue… the most human colour… blue-eeeeue~, the most human color… blue-ooooo~, the most human color… Blue lips, blue veins, blue, the colour of our planet from far far away, blue lips, blue veins…

I don’t mind, because blue is the best color.

My car is blue, my guitar is blue, the shirt I’m wearing is blue and my jeans are blue. I’m not sad, I just like blue!

Daily Kos: the Great Orange Satan.

1 Like

Google’s logo looks like something you get when you let people who don’t care about color pick colors. “Guys, we need some colors for the logo.” “Ummm, blue?” “Not color, singular, colorzzz with an S.” “OK then. Red, blue, green and yellow.” “Done. Now get back to work.”

EDIT: Changed from “engineers” to “people who don’t care about color” because it’s more accurate.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like the web ingested too much Colloidal #C0C0C0.

Can I get that icon in cornflower blue?

1 Like

No need to tar all engineers. This is what happens when straight men are asked to pick “colors.” You end up with subdivision after subdivision of beige houses, blue button-down shirts with khakis as the official Usian male office uniform, and a blue internet. It’s all so insufferably boring.

And for that, I’m thankful that BB is a fabulous red.

3 Likes

#notallstraightmaleengineers

5 Likes

OK, I accept that, I was being a bit of a bomb-thrower. Perhaps replace “engineers” with “people who don’t care about color.” But when I wrote that I was also thinking about the people who picked the old Intel Corporation logo. Straight up #0000ff. A not dissimilar phenomenon.

I find the Google logo just plain offensive, purely for its lack of design sense. Not yummy.

And thank God for it. The endless flow of flat, safe, bland, focus-grouped pablum gets so fucking dull, anything that breaks the monotony is welcome.

1 Like

I’ve never thought of Amazon as blue? It’s brown and gold to me, where does the blue come in?

2 Likes

Everything is blue.
http://namethatblue.com/

“Cerulean blue. Cerulean makes me think of a breeze. A gentle breeze.”

2 Likes

The shadowy blue of the unknown.

Because technology is blue. It just is. Full stop. IBM has been Big Blue since time immemorial.

I was a little embarrassed that I recognized a couple of the blues without scrolling to see their names. But then I was more annoyed that they didn’t turn the article into a quiz (a “quizzical”?) from the start.

and has been for quite a while: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150169585361714&set=a.30518636713.51747.555031713&type=1&relevant_count=1

Hey! Stealth edit. No fair!

Fixed. Sorry!

1 Like