Extremely 'high elf' battles evil, attacks car in Portland

Officer: “I’m going to have to ask you to cease and desist, Mr. Pirate.”

“Elf”: “I’m no pirate, I’m a High Elf battling Morgoth!”

Officer: “My mistake. Carry on, then.”

3 Likes

His critique wasn’t necessarily fully coherent. He was approaching it from a reactionary romantic perspective in an age when the actual coherent critique was coming from a completely different angle.

1 Like

Not brand names, strains! Hobbyist gardeners cultivating new varieties of plant to improve or reduce particular attributes is exactly the sort of bucolic putzing around that Tolkien meant to celebrate.

4 Likes

I really need to weigh in here. I was present when this event occurred. The gentleman was initially right in front of me. What wasn’t ever mentioned is that the woman attacked (in her car) had been honking at the guy as he was blocking her lane. I personally avoid honking at anyone standing in the street blocking my lane holding a machete in an outfit that included a large wooden cross in his belt and a variety of junk Fisher King style strapped around him. Regardless of whether he envisioned himself an elf or a pirate, it should be a lesson or at least a call to some semblance of common sense not to poke bears with sticks when you see them appear right in front of you if you take my meaning.

9 Likes

magic missile!

2 Likes

In an unrelated note, judge ruled that Oregon’s ban on same-elf marriage is unconstitutional, so may that will calm him down a bit.

5 Likes

Well, he was also fighting off 25 ninja (unseen by any witnesses), so she probably figured it was a pirate vs ninja thing…

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Ah, the essence of victim blaming. Don’t do anything about the person who decided to get high and stand in the street, just sit there and wait for him to quietly go away while holding up (rush hour?) traffic. She didn’t confront him, she honked her horn as anyone might to get the attention of the person holding up traffic. Feel free to avoid honking at people who create obstacles, but don’t assume that someone who does honk doesn’t have “common sense”.

I’m really confused. Pirates sit at home in front of computer screens stealing movies and music. How could she possibly have thought it was a pirate?

1 Like

There’s no assumption involved in believing people honking at individuals that are clearly out of their minds carrying a machete lack common sense. Calling to danger isn’t a strategy I tend to choose. And yes, he looked dangerous. This was not just a guy standing in the street. It was apparent even from a distance that the person was not in his right mind. By her own admission she referred to him as a pirate, (which I can firmly state he looked more medieval knight and not an elf or pirate). He was not just high, he was in his own private Idaho. He was not just someone creating an obstacle, actually he seemed to be marching along up the hill and would have passed briefly had someone not drawn his attention. Most victims become so not by their own actions. They have my deepest sympathy, I have been victimized myself.

1 Like

he was a high-elf alright, but high on what is the question? Oh… LSD, some people really can’t handle their drugs. :slight_smile:

There is no room for amateurs in the drug culture.

1 Like

Again, dude with machete in front of car. You have a choice of getting his attention, as you say, by honking your horn, or discretely calling the police to come get this potentially dangerous person on the freeway.

Going out of your way to get the attention of a weirdly-dressed guy with a machete seems, to me, to defy common sense. As it turns out, the result of doing so was that the woman just had to call the cops anyway.

Don’t really think it’s “victim blaming” to point out that she probably should have just called the cops to begin with.

1 Like

You know in Shadowrun, Oregon is ALL elf territory, so maybe this guy’s legit, and we just haven’t all run into the change yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.