FemSkin

[Permalink]

‘Daddy, I had a bad dream.’

You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness — it’s 3:23. ‘Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?’

‘No, Daddy.’

The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter’s pale form in the darkness of your room. ‘Why not, sweetie?’

‘Because in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy’s skin sat up.’

For a moment, you feel paralysed; you can’t take your eyes off of your daughter. The covers behind you begin to shift.

54 Likes

Classic.

These suit things are much freakier.

2 Likes

Come on - there has to be better mask technology than this. They have to making it this damn creepy on purpose.

3 Likes

What is this, I don’t even.

4 Likes

People who doubt the existence of the uncanny valley have clearly never seen one of these things.

8 Likes

The staring, unblinking eyes. The huge immobile lips.

It puts the lotion on its skin…

14 Likes

“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”-Oscar Wilde

4 Likes

I’d hit it!

6 Likes

These look like humans prepared by an alien special effects department, maybe with early Doctor Who budgets.

9 Likes
19 Likes

This is the confluence of nightmare fuel, the uncanny valley and a 50-gallon drum of Nope.

18 Likes

Whatever makes you happy… so long as no one gets hurt that doesn’t want it.

6 Likes

55-gallon. Standard size, enough Do Not Want for the broadest segment of the population.

3 Likes

I would have put the attribution before the quote, because I thought Rob got a new FemSkin.

4 Likes

Are you claiming that animated gif isn’t Rob?

4 Likes

The Channel4 video isn’t loading for me at all… I tried disabling AdBlock, but the flash player still doesn’t load.

You can listen to this while watching if you want. No particular reason.

3 Likes

Now Rob can be Alyson Hannigan.

3 Likes