Flashing your headlights to tip off other drivers to cops now officially free speech in Oregon

Thanks for the correction. To be complete, though, you should note they are banned in various types of commercial vehicles in Illinois, New York and New Jersey .

1 Like

Waze lets you do this. There’s also a dedicated app called Trapster is more dedicated to speed traps.

1 Like

<3 <3 <3 Waze! Everyone should use it!

1 Like

When I do it, it usually means ‘turn on your lights’ - seems like people can’t remember to turn them on at night, and don’t seem to notice they can’t see the road ahead.

1 Like

I knew a guy who flashed his lights to warn another driver of a cop up ahead. The cop pulled the guy over and asked, “Who do you think you are, Paul Revere?”

1 Like

I am utterly at a loss to understand why a court could even entertain the notion that warning someone who may be breaking the law that there’s a good chance they’re just about to be nicked for it, thus stopping them from breaking the law is anything but a public service for all involved (except for speeding ticket revenues, obviously).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.