Florida man, shot in chest by former lover, takes selfie

[Permalink]

1 Like

Terminal narcissism?

3 Likes

No, he survived, so it wasn’t terminal.

Unfortunately, while the linked article does have two pictures (one of her, one of the two), neither are the selfie in question.

4 Likes

Butcha gotta say - in the metaverse of selfies, this gotta be selfie of the year!

2 Likes

Florida Man is just that awesome!
Always thinking of everyone else…

7 Likes

Bleeding… vitals dropping… internal organs shutting down… must… take… selfie !

4 Likes

Hell yes. I’d be tweeting selfies until I couldn’t hold the phone any more. Imagine the RTs!

Not like that happens every day is it? Well hopefully not anyway.

5 Likes

That’s a brave man. Picking the right Instagram filter is hard, and doing so while woozy from blood loss could have been disastrous.

8 Likes

He might have been concerned that the next step would be for his body to vanish into the swamp so he decided to document the event. This is probably more effective than trying to leave a note smeared in your own blood.

12 Likes

Have you ever stopped and taken a moment to consider what the internet would be like without Florida? I’m glad I don’t live in that world.

10 Likes

That’s criminal!

1 Like

There are worse ways to go than making a simple gesture that gets you mentioned in news headlines.

See, the thing was, it was a dick pic.

14 Likes

Most people take it for granted, but everyone who doesn’t live in Florida should be glad of it.

Matthew Inman outdone.

The Oatmeal

1 Like

I’m also glad I don’t live in Florida…

1 Like

If I were any condition to do the same, I probably would. A photo like that could be helpful in court.

4 Likes

There’s (of course) an immediate “only in Florida amirite??” reaction that this no doubt inspires, but thinking about what a selfie means when applied to a situation like this is actually surprisingly poignant in a few ways. For one, imagine this: “I can still see myself looking at the camera; I’m still alive.”

A slightly more helpful photo would be one of the attacker.

I suspect the doctor, police, prosecutor, judge, jury, and pretty much every idiot on the planet can work out what happened on the barrel side of the gun.

5 Likes

If you have auto-upload, and the GPS turned on, you can at least get that someone was shot at a location. I’d totally selfie (to establish a timeline), then photo of attacker/surroundings.

4 Likes