French couple forbidden from naming their child Nutella

[Permalink]

3 Likes

Can’t they call their child Gnutella instead?

11 Likes

Good call on the judge’s part. Choosy moms choose Jif.

14 Likes

My Little sister Debbie has had such a rough life…

11 Likes

I need protection from disparaging thoughts. Who do I talk to?

3 Likes

This is what Big Government leads to! Soon that poor child will be goose-stepping around with all his little Nazi friends in communist France!

8 Likes

I met a girl named Nutella once!

Bet she wasn’t French.

11 Likes

Heh, right.

Freedom to name one’s kid whatever one likes is a nice and valuable freedom, but these days, this kind of “news” leads all too directly in the U.S. to shrieks of “This is exactly where Obummer is trying to take us. A nanny state! A NANNY STATE I TELL YOU!!”

5 Likes

Not that I am aware of. I think I detected a faint trace of “eastern bloc” in her accent.

1 Like

What’s that old saying, “It takes a village to [make sure some morons don’t name their child Nutella]”?

It pales in comparison to the things I would have named my children if they didn’t have another parent to veto me, though.

7 Likes

There’s so much terrible shit parents can do to their kids, much of it legal and even more just under the radar. I have no idea how a silly given name made the cut for problems worth worrying about

1 Like

Do tella!

7 Likes

If corporations can be people, why can’t people be named after corporations?

Man, this is just opening the door for corporations to claim ownership of peoples’ names. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yu tellum!

4 Likes

Humane squatting?

Je suis Nutella!

16 Likes

Natalia? Near enough and they can still get away with calling her Nutella.

Kind of a reverse Hyacinth Bucket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=xTQjT8r6dLE#t=18

2 Likes

We’re calling her Spudulike. It’s exotic.

4 Likes

So in France you can’t name someone something trademarked? I feel bad for anyone named McDonald.

1 Like